Thursday, October 16, 2008

Restoran Makanan Laut Ipoh Garden, Roast Chicken, Duck, Pork and Liver Combination, Char Siew

I was in Ipoh recently with my family and we had lunch at Ipoh Garden. We decided to go for something simple and quick. Ipoh Garden Seafood Restaurant is located on the main road of Jln Lau Pak Khuan, next to Shell petrol station. The dish that we ordered were roast chicken, roast duck, roast pork, char siew, roast meat with liver combination and a big bowl of radish soup. Roast chicken and roast duck tasted quite normal but the roast meat with liver combination is quite special. I don’t take liver but after trying it out, I found this dish is quite tasty. The roast pork is good and the skin is crispy. My kids love the char siew and they ate their rice with the gravy provided. The radish soup with dry cuttle fish is full of natural sweetness and the portion is big, enough for 2 helpings for each person. All in plus rice (very big portion) for 7 persons, the total bill came up to be RM35. This is including the soup which cost only RM5. Very reasonable place to have a family meal!



Roast Chicken and duck...............................Roast pork/roast liver combi, char siew, roast pork



Close up of the roast pork/liver combi...............Very large bowl of radish soup.



Big portion of oily rice...........................................The restaurant next to Shell

GPS Latitude 4°36'43.82"N Longitude 101° 6'37.33"E

Restoran Makanan Laut Ipoh Garden 129, Jln Dato’ Lau Pak Khuan 31400, Ipoh, Perak Ipoh Garden

MAP To Restoran Makanan Laut Ipoh Garden
 


5 comments:

Josephine said...

Ipoh not famous for 'nga choy gai' meh? Why I don see any bean sprout one?

Anonymous said...

WOW, Pete... you really know how to hunt down nice and cheap food. :-D keep up the good work. You're the best,because you help me save $$ when I need to treat my family/outlaws dinner. LOL.

Kikey Loo said...

after see you posted so much roast pork, i wanna go to Chinatown buy liao~

eunice said...

I know where is that place already! I never try any food there cos whenever we were there, we would go to Secret's Recipe heheh my favourite! U only stopped over in Ipoh is it? There are many good eateries in Ipoh yum yum!!!!

munny said...

Josephine: there is "nga choi gai" selling in this shop too but it is only in the morning and afternoon :) feat with delicious curry mee too.

Eunice:Having secret recipe isn't a good choice in ipoh :) Should try out some Ipoh's famous food.

By the way, this blog is nice:)
I am the daughter of this restaurant owner :)