Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Asian Koel, Black Glossy Starling and Black Naped Oriole Feasting on My Ripe Papayas

I like to leave some ripe papayas on the tree at my house and watch many types of bird feasting on it. One of the common visitors is the Asian Koel (Eudynamys Scolopacea) which belongs to the Cuckoo family. The Asian Koel (Eudynamys Scolopacea) The Female Asian Koel feasting on my ripe papaya The picture above shows a female Koel. Female Koel has brown feathers with white spots and the male Koel is iridescent blue black. The female koel will lay her eggs in other birds nest; especially crows nest and let the surrogate mother raise her young. The male Koel will find a suitable crows’ nest and then it will start his mating call to attract the female Koel. They will mate and then the female Koel will lay the eggs in the crows’ nest. Clever bird! Asian Glossy Starling (Aplonis panayensis) Matured bird is glossy black in colour and immature ones have white spots on the feathers. Then came the yellow, Black Naped Oriole......... Black Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis) Video Related Post on Birds 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/albino-common-myna-bird-one-in-million.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/09/here-birdie-birdie-feeding-time-common.html

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO... Pete... I know your post... this one is not supposed to sound funny, but I dunno why, when I see the word Cuckoo Family, I laughed like mad! :-S

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've got such nice, huge papayas!!!...I don't have green fingers. Everything I plant, all kurus2 one...not fat like me! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Josephine said...

Ya I agree with suituapui. The papayas are big!

Pete said...

Cleff : I was also laughing when writing this post. LOL

STP & Josephine : It is a very old tree. Sayang to chop it down.

Anonymous said...

Darn... birds eating papayas! =.= shiet, I keep thinking about this post in a weird way. Really need to get my brain cleaned up abit. LOL. i really find this post amusing... LMAO... deng! When I re-read this again, I was still laughing. I must be sot liao.

Pete said...

Cleff : Aiyo Cleff, now I am begining to think like you lorrr. Laughing all the time whenever I think of this post. LOL