Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sai Gong Restaurant, Kepong

Sai Gong is one of my favourite eateries in Kepong area. They serve good food and the place is always packed with customers. Someone told me that the father runs the restaurant in Helang Sawah and the son runs the one in Manjalara. As for the name Sai Gong, I was told that the owner used to be a real Taoist Sai Gong (Taoist Priest). I am not sure how true that is! Well, I was there with some friends and we ordered black pepper ostrich meat, steamed lala with chinese wine (Actually, kepah was served that night), assam stingray and one vegetable. The lala is sweet and the taste of wine gave the dish an extra ‘kick’. The stingray is fresh and nice. The meat dish is yummy, tender and delicious. As usual, the food here is good and is unique in its’ own standard. Sorry, I forgot to record down the price because my friend picked up the bill.
The black pepper ostrich meat..............................Assam stingray Chinese wine lala.....................................................Sai Gong Restaurant in Kepong Baru
Addresses : Sai Gong Kepong Baru 23, Jalan Helang Sewah, Kepong Baru, 52100, Kuala Lumpur 03 6273 2242 GPS Latitude 3°11'43.07"N Longitude 101°38'40.86"E Sai Gong Manjalara 63 Jalan 1/62D, Medan Putra Business Center, 52200 Bandar Manjalara Kepong GPS Latitude 3°11'27.83"N Longitude 101°37'32.22"E Open: 11am to 3pm and 5.30pm to 10.30pm
MAP to Sai Gong, Kepong
Related Post on Food in Kepong

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, Pete... slow down. LOL... so many entries in one day. You're bombing me the craving for food. LOL.

Ostrich meat, does it taste like chicken and turkey? Or issit harder to eat?

Kikey Loo said...

next time if i go to KL, u must be my hunting food guide..