Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thian Heong Restaurant Taman Segar – Duck, Chicken and Barbecue Pork Rice.

Duck Rice best eaten with lots of chili............The restaurant occupies 2 shoplots It has been quite some time since I last visited Leisure Mall in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur. There is a Barbecue meat rice shop in this area that I have not been back to for quite a while. Thain Heong has a variety of barbecue dishes like duck, chicken, char siew(sweet pork), sesame seed meat, barbecue ribs and Chinese barbecue liver sausage. You can also order side dishes like double boiled soups. It was still early when I reach there and there were only 4 to 5 patrons inside the restaurant. I ordered duck rice and it was served with complimentary soup. The duck that was served with sweet sauce tasted ok. One thing I like about this restaurant is they leave the chili in containers on the table and you can help yourself to it as much as you can. I wash down my lunch with the ginseng roots drinks. Will be back to try out the other barbecue meat. *Note : I lost the data that I gathered on this restaurant. I will update this post when I go back to this restaurant again. Address : Thian Heong Restaurant Jalan Manis 4 Taman Segar, Cheras Kuala Lumpur Open : Lunch and dinner Taman Segar, Cheras Map Related Post on Chicken Rice : 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/03/hock-tong-hong-rawang-chicken-rice.html

8 comments:

Penang Tua Pui said...

Duck rice.... Nice especially if you have crispy skin and less fat ... hehehe

The chili sauce, depends outlet have different types. We like the ones which used chopped green chilies that very spicy... OOmmphhh... but then Tam Ciak always avoid that ..hheheh

Pete said...

Hi Penang tua Pui : Ya, I like the crispy ones too. Duck skin taste real sinfully good. Chili, more spicy, better! Thks for dropping by my blog.

Josephine said...

I used to eat there once a week. Years ago.
I like their barbecue pork rice.
Yummy!

Edward said...

is this as good as sunrise roast duck? I used to go to paramou quite often to eat duck rice as well. I'll pop by over there when im nearby there at cheras. :)

Pete said...

josephine : Wah, once a week. Maybe I try the bbq pork on my next visit.

Edward : Sunrise duck is nicer.

Anonymous said...

if not mistaken, there is 1 pan mee shop at taman segar there is quite famous also.

Pete said...

Garfield : I saw one restaurant opposite this duck stall, maybe its the pan mee one.

Anonymous said...

u should go and try, but dun try the dry pan me, try the soup 1, very nice