Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cauliflower with Quail Eggs Recipe



Hi Everyone, sorry for not visiting your blog lately. Too many things are happening at once and I hardly have time to blog.
Anyway, this is a simple cauliflower recipe. My kids love both cauliflower and quail eggs. They snapped up all the quail eggs during dinner time rather quickly. Somehow, I found that quail eggs go along well with cauliflower after experimenting with this recipe. However, you can also add in prawn and squid to enhance the flavour of this dish.

Check it out, your kids are sure to love this!

Ingredients
Quail Eggs, 10 pcs, hard boiled
Cauliflower, 1 small bunch, cut into bite sizes & boil in hot water until cooked
Carrot, 1 pc, cut to thick slices
Corn flour and water mixture
Shao Shing Chiew (Chinese cooking wine), 1 teaspoon
Light soya sauce, 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Pepper, to taste
Ginger, 5 slices
Shallots, 3 pcs, cut into slices
Sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon
Oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon

Heat up wok and put in around 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Saute shallots until fragrant and add in the ginger. Add carrots, shao shing chiew, pepper, light soya sauce, sesame oil, salt to taste and oyster sauce. Put in the couliflower and add a little corn flour & water mixture to thicken the gravy. Lastly, put in the hard boiled quail eggs.

23 comments:

Small Kucing said...

good and simple :)

[SK] said...

this is really "innovative", never have thought of matching cauliflower with quail eggs!! haha..

Christine said...

this looks delicious, and healthy! We missed you!

Alice Law said...

Simple and tasty! Shao Shing Chiew sure added some oum to the dish!

Yalor, miss your posts liao... scared dunno wht had happen to u. :)

suituapui said...

Wah!!! MIA so long kah? Oooo...I love quail eggs!

Anonymous said...

WB:)) All the good things on one tasty plate.I lovequail eggs although they can be hard to peel;)

wenn said...

looks yummy..must try that one day!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

U're back!!!

So tempting!!!

Reanaclaire said...

Quail... highest in cholesterol.. good for kids though..i like quail eggs actually.. small and just nice to put into the mouth at one shot! hahahaa...

yvonne said...

I wonder if broccoli goes well with quail eggs? My kids prefer broccoli and anything is ok with me :)

Merryn said...

This is something new. I never tot of adding quail eggs in vege dishes! Must try :D

Hayley said...

Hello, welcome back!

Cauliflower is my favourite too,it has many benefits as well!

Annie Q said...

I love quail egg too. Never think of adding quail egg to the vege dish. I think add quail egg with brocolli taste good too, and the colour will look nicer. :D

Yannie said...

Braised broccoli or cauliflower with carrot are always yummy. Most people like this dish. My children like this dish too.

mNhL said...

Any vege with some oyster sauce taste nice. Love quail eggs.

Aunty Liew said...

oh...finally you are back again!
You are right my kids really love cauliflower and quail eggs!I like this dish!yeah yeah...i have another new dish recipe...TQ!

SellWoWAccount said...

Mmmmmm... Sounds healthy! But quail eggs contain too much protein I suppose. I would still grab a plate of it! :P

Sell WoW Account

Unknown said...

Used to eat quails' eggs with meesua (vermicelli).

ladyviral said...

sound slike another good dish for me to dish up for hubs. you are my home cook insipiration, pete haha!

foongpc said...

Wow! I like cauliflower and I like quail eggs so this dish is definitely yummy!!! : D

lena said...

how are you? never seen quail eggs in a veggie dish? only eat them in leng chee kang.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I'm sure my kids will love this too especially the quail eggs...

gaga said...

I haven't had quail eggs in ages!!! Thanks for reminding me how much I love them.