Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baked Lumache Pasta with Sausage and Potato Recipe

Aliens, Eskimos........?
These Lumache pasta are rather cute looking and the name sounds like ‘low ma chi’ (mom) in Cantonese. What do you think they look like to you? Alien, astronaut, lady with tudung (headscarf).......or....? Well, I like to buy different types of pasta and cook them in different ways. First I boiled the pasta to make them soft. Then I bake the pasta with sausages and potato. I ended up with a nice aromatic baked dish with soft and flavourful pasta below it. This is my recipe for Baked Lumache with Sausage and Potato.

Ingredients
Lumache Pasta, 1 cups, boiled in hot water until soften
Tomato sauce, 5 table spoons
Hickory BBQ Sauce, 2 table spoons
Potato, 3 pcs, boiled in water until soft and cut into large chunks
Pepper, a dash
Smoked Chicken sausage, 3 pcs, cut into small pieces
Onions, 1 large, cut into small pieces
Mozzarella cheese, ½ cup
Olive oil, 2 table spoons

Put the softened Lumache pasta into an oiled baking tray. Add the rest of the ingredients on top of the pasta. Pour the tomato and hickory BBQ sauce over the top. Add a dash of pepper and olive oil. Baked in preheated oven at 190 Dec C for 15 to 20 minutes.

20 comments:

ladyviral said...

Oh so appetizing. Makes me drool.. reminds me I need to cook a pasta fruit salad for my husband :P

Reanaclaire said...

Sure your kids will love this dish, right? mine will, definitely!

manglish said...

mmmmmm..yumyum....keep those recipes coming, man!! hahahah

xin said...

LOL. ok it looks like lady with tudung. your kids are so fortunate to be able to eat your new creations everyday. if i ever have children...maybe they would starve everyday =/

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

Anymore to share , Pete ? These 老妈子 looks good with the sausages :D

LittleLamb said...

wow so easy to make.. let me try this weekend. hope i can find the hickory BBQ sauce.

My Little Things Corner said...

yummy yummy, looks delicious man!

[SK] said...

i kind of love pasta, and i think pasta is something simple to cook and yet tasty.. so you are a great pasta cook?? mamamia~~ :p

iamthewitch said...

Lumache Pasta? My first time seeing this! They look cute though.. like mini cups. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

donna said...

hungry now..
need go cook maggie already.. T_T

Anonymous said...

I love pastas. Especially those cooked in clear sauce :)

wenn said...

u seem to be very good at cooking Italian food..

LifeRamblings said...

you're such a great cook. i need to learn some cooking tips from u.

Cheryl said...

Looks very delicious. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Unknown said...

Unusual shape but ready to be cooked!I go for the last description!!

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Ayie said...

i haven't cooked pasta for a while already, my doc said wheat pasta for me and not that easy to find =P

mommyscchoo@gmail.com said...

chinese cooks ang more chiak. Looks nice.

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, this type of pasta sure looks funny. haven't seen them before though. what you baked looks yummy.

jam said...

That's a nice recipe! Got to try in these few days!