Monday, November 2, 2009

Propeller Launcher Toy

I was going through my eldest son’s old toy box and found this propeller launcher toy. I remember, as a kid I used to enjoy playing with this toy. Some of you might call it ‘helicopter’. The launcher is a simple gadget using rubber bands as a recoil spring so that whenever you pull the monofilament string it will recoil back to its original position. My friends and I had hours of fun trying to see whose propeller can fly the highest at the field near my house. My little toddler seems amused by this little gadget. I ended up having to launch the propeller using the launcher many times for him because he cannot get it right! I guess this little wonderful and simple toy will not be popular anymore soon as many kids nowadays prefer to play computer games. What was your favourite toy?

11 comments:

mNhL said...

That reminds me of my childhood toy too! Used to play that with my brother. Yes...nowadays, kids prefer computer games.

manglish said...

my fav toy? hehehhehe.....18SX =)

Reanaclaire said...

my favorite toy? now i am cracking my head.. those days during my time, i dont remember buying toys, mana ada duit.. but i do remember drawing paper dolls with cardboard, cutting them out and then make dresses for them using paper and then started to play with my house kids..those days, a lot of kids stayed together in one big shop house.. that, i think was my favorite passtime.. :) paper dolls considered toy or not? :p

ladyviral said...

I always love board games... Never knew how to play all this hahaa.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I will buy for my kids if I see this, but i never seen this anymore..

Anonymous said...

The apparatus looked familiar but I don't remember playing it when I was a child.

foongpc said...

Yeah, I remember seeing this toy too. But never played it before. I want to play it now : )

cleffairy said...

I din enjoy toys as much as I enjoyed swimming and reading when I was a child. Hmm, kids these days are pretty much hi-tech that sometimes I think they are somehow loosing touch with nature.

Honestly, at the moment, I would give anything just to be a child again. Apart from the sex... adult life sucks!

Pete said...

mNhL : Ha ha, we had hours of fun with it!

Manglish : Wah 18SX toys arh? that one different leh....ha ha ha!

Claire : I guess paper dolls are also toys.
Ya, most families stayed together last time, real fun playing together with brother, cousins.....

ladyviral : Wah, board game, I was never good at that! I guess I was more into active physical games!

Sonia : I think some outskirt provision shop would have this toys!

Mei Teng : ha ha, looks familiar?

Foongpc : Ha ha ha, my little toddler would fight with you over this toy....LOL!

Cleff : Swimming and reading good hobby to have as a kid! Good to be young again!

suituapui said...

I bought that too....for my daughter!!! Yes, many of such things that brought so much joy to us and children in the past has become History. Gone are the days when kids would cut the forked branches of a tree to make their own catapults using that and a lot of rubber bands and a piece of leather cut from an old shoe.

Ayie said...

i love that toy, used to mess around with that when i was a kid!