Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kueh Teow Theng and Penang Curry Mee for Breakfast at Le Kwang Restaurant, USJ Subang Jaya

This is one of my favourite place for a good bowl of Penang style Curry Mee (noodles) and Penang Kuih Teow soup (Keow Teow Theng). I would drop by this place whenever I have appointments in USJ area. There is a Chap fan (economy rice) stall here that serves nice dishes and porridge. Overall, the food from the hawker stalls in Le Kwang is quite good. Le Kwang is normally packed with customers most of the time and it is quite hard to get a seat during peak hours. I was in Subang Jaya early last Saturday and decided to drop by Le Kwang for breakfast. I ordered the Curry mee and Kueh Teow Soup. The curry mee was served with a dollop of aromatic and spicy chilly paste. I added all the chilly paste to the soup for extra kick and flavours. The tofu pok (fried tofu) soaked up all the savoury and creamy curry mee soup which burst in you mouth as you put it in! Mmmmmm, nice and tasty. The kueh teow soup (keuh teow theng) is quite close to the one that you find in Penang. It is served with lettuce, spring onions, fish cake, fish ball and pieces of pork. Ask for extra crispy pork lard which would make the bowl of keuh teow soup tastier by ten fold! Ha ha ha, after that better do more exercise! LOL! After a nice hearty breakfast, I washed down all of the nice food with a cup of my favourite coffee!

Address, Restoran Le Kwang 1 Jln USJ 2/2C, Subang Jaya
(Opening hours 7.30am - 8.30pm)
Map to Restaurant Le Kwang

13 comments:

smallkucing said...

the clear soup looks more appetising than the curry this round

Alice Law said...

interesting, would like to check it out this weekend... for breakfast I mean!^-^

Have a marvellous day ahead!

Reanaclaire said...

so which is better, the koay teow tng in USJ or Penang? in ipoh, it is called hor hee.. more or less the same ingredients..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

yummy yummy...

Ayie said...

I am pretty much sure that mom brought homw those fishballs from Malaysia and it was very addicting! Seeing your foods here makes me remember that yummy treat from mommy.

Anonymous said...

Your mention of curry mee makes me want a bowl now...for breakfast :)

Claudia Sibert said...

great, thanks for the catering info Pete!!

mNhL said...

wow...i like kueh teow tn'g with pork lard and fried onion. Really taste better but ...ish ish.....very unhealthy. hehe

[SK] said...

that clear soup is ok for me, but the curry mee (somemore want to add chili) is too spicy for my breakfast..

suituapui said...

Ooooo...miss the kway teow t'ng! Not a fan of curry mee...

I AM A BLOGGER said...

hw abt the price?reasonable?

pete said...

Claire : Penang ones nicer...LOL!

Xjion89 : KL price, RM4

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

ai ya ya ya...my favorite curry mee must go if around that area..tQ