Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Maggi Mee Assam Laksa with Bacon and Fu Chuk

Whenever I feel a bit lazy to out for supper, I would cook Maggi Assam Laksa to fill my tummy. Maggi Mee Assam Laksa is one of my favourite instant noodles but I wish they would make it a little bit sourer and spicier in taste. I remember, it used to be very sour when they first launched this product back in the 70s. My auntie cooked a bowl of Maggi Assam laksa for me that time when I came back from school, and it taste real good back then!....yum yum! Well, I made this bowl of Assam laksa maggi mee for supper, added some bacon and fu chuk (fried bean curd) into it so that I will not wake up hungry in the middle of the night! Sometimes, if I have some leftovers mint leaves and bunga kantan (wild ginger flower), then I would add them into the assam laksa as well. How do you cook Assam Laksa Instant noodle? Related Post on Instant Noodle 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/06/new-way-to-eat-maggiinstant-chicken-mee.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/05/quickie-fried-maggi-mee-recipe.html 3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/nissin-tomyam-instant-noodle.html

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya...they're always nicer when "kay liao" (added ingredients) like adding prawn or egg. I'm bringing you some made-in-Sibu instant noodles, add ginseng (the cheap fine hairlike type)and those red seeds (good for the eyes)...and throw in an egg! Yummy!!!

Reanaclaire said...

ahahhhhh.. Pete, dont tempt me early early morning with even a packet of laksa la... keep swallowing saliva now... it is 7.55am now.. think i go out for my breakfast..
seldom eat maggi or cintan, unless really no food in the house.. normally i add in vege..cabbage and no bacon la, only add in an egg if no other choice.. never keep fish balls in the fridge for long.. no fuchuk also.. ok ok, enough of food talk, I WANNA EAT NOW! lol..

Anonymous said...

I just had maggi mee in a cup last night for supper. Was feeling hungry and craving for something savoury.

Adding fu chuk is a good idea!

ladyviral said...

Throwing an egg in is always my only method! hahaha! And I always make sure the egg isn't fully cooked. I like my egg half cooked and when I eat the yolk, it will spill out yummy!

Josephine said...

I am a veggie lover...
I put lots of veggie in, and sometimes with some lime juice....

Tching said...

Maggie Mee+bacon+fried bean curd seems to be an odd combi for me. ;p I would normally just throw in an egg.

Pete said...

STP : Thks STP, I am sure it is very tasty. Wah, add ginseng......after another baby come out, I pengsan! ha ha ha!

Claire : Laksa good leh, for keeping body shape....heh heh, my reason to eat more laksa! LOL!

Mei Teng :I always keep a packet of fu chuk in my fridge....good for bak kut teh too!

Ladyviral : I like the eggs to be half cooked as well.....wooooo, the creamy yolk, just tasty and yummy!

Josephine : Ah,veggie good for complexion....he he he!

suituapui said...

Don't want...give me lah! Sure become fat-fat cute-cute like me! Hahahaha!!!

Pete said...

Tching : Ha ha, if add bacon tummy won't be growling middle of the night....LOL

STP : Sure or not, Ginseng help one to put on weight...I thought it is suppose to increase blood circulation!

CheaHSan said...

Wah Pete, MIA exactly one whole week and now comes back transformed to 'Maggie' Lim. Love anything spicy curry mee (saw a stall in Long River it says "Carry Mee" wa lau eh, hokkien mee etc and adding fu chok? Belum try lagi. Wait one day (nanti satu hari):p

mommy to chumsy said...

oh my...it's delicious. there is nothing like maggi mee, bacon and fu chuk :D

Pete said...

Hosan : Ha ha ha, Maggie Lim, not Cintan Lim....LOL! Curry mee near my house very good, KL style but real nice, bring you there next time you go to office!

Mommy : Ha ha, Maggi is everyone's favourite!

Ayie said...

heheh i eat different brand =P

Pete said...

Ayie : Oh, you don't have maggi over there?

Ayie said...

no maggi here but in Phils we have and I still prefer the other brand..hehe it's a lot tastier

Bengbeng said...

nowadays i prefer har mee. maggi is slowly losing its share of the market

Pete said...

Ayie : Hah, what are the brand that you have there?

Bengbeng : Ya, agree, Ibumie don't a good job on Har Mee, Everytime I buy one pack, my kids will finish it so fast!

Ayie said...

nissin and maruchan