Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nissin Tomyam Instant Noodle

My son loves instant noodle and my sister bought this Nissin Tomyam mee from the shop next to Rakuten, Desa Park City for him. My first reaction was, ‘Aiya, Japanese Tomyam, sure won’t taste nice. So pricey some more! Why you buy it?’ I normally buy Thai Made Tomyam Instant Noodle. Anyway, for my son, he loves all kind of instant noodle. After reading through packaging, I found that it is actually made in Hong Kong. Well, last week I came across one last packet left in my kitchen cabinet and decided to try it out. I added some fu chuk (fried bean curd sheets) to the Nissin Tomyam mee and put in all the accompanying sauces (soup stock and chilly oil) that came with it. I noticed that the serving is a little bit more than our local instant noodle. I ate this mee, while watching my favourite AFC show. Mmmmm, it tastes quite good and spicy. The mee has springy texture and the soup is tasty. Can fight with the Thailand made one lah! Related Post on Instant Noodle 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/06/new-way-to-eat-maggiinstant-chicken-mee.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/05/quickie-fried-maggi-mee-recipe.html 3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/08/maggi-mee-assam-laksa-with-bacon-and-fu.html

3 comments:

foongpc said...

I like it when the noodle is springy in texture. Also must not be overcooked or it'll be soggy.

Anonymous said...

The portion looks alot with the fu chuk! I've seen this brand before, but I thought it's quite expensive for nissin noodles...

Pete said...

Foongpc : Springy texture is nice. Overcook very hard to eat....all!

Cleff : Ya, really expensive lorrr!