Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nice Apple Pie for a Light and Easy Sunday Morning Breakfast – Recipe

Apple pie hot out from the oven.............................Yummy, the first piece! Almost gone..............................................................Cooking the fillings for the apple pie! I learn this recipe from picking up bits of pieces of information while watching AFC. The apples that I bought from Tesco have been sitting for quite some time in my fridge and they have turned a little bit dry. One fine Sunday morning, everyone wakes up quite early and I decided to make an apple pie from these apples. As this is the first time I bake an apple pie, I am really not sure how the taste would turn out to be. Thank god, it turned out quite nice and really tasty when hot out from the oven. My family had a very nice breakfast of apple pie and my little toddler son loves it so much, especially the pie pastry! Here is my Apple Pie recipe

Pie Pastry
Flour, 7 cups
Butter, 170gms
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste Iced cold water

Apple Fillings
5 apples cut into big chunks
Brown Sugar to taste
Cinnamon powder, ½ teaspoon
Butter, 2 table spoon

A little water Mix flour with butter, sugar and salt until it turned into granules liked form. Add cold water a little bit the time to the dough. You don’t to end up with a pie pastry that is too soft to work with. Knead the dough until all the ingredients in it are well mixed. Put the dough in the fridge and then continue to work on the fillings. Heat up a little water in saucepan. Add butter, apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Let the fillings ingredients simmer in the pan until thick liquid caramel form. Then turn off the heat. Take the dough out from the fridge and make the base for the pie. I actually use my hand to shape the dough instead of using a rolling pin because I wanted to have the ‘chunky’ and uneven effect to make the pie looks tastier. Pour the filling into the pie pastry base. Cover it up with the leftover dough. Poke some hole on the top to release the hot steam when it cooks in the oven. Bake in preheated oven at 200 Deg C for 20 minutes or until pastry turned dark golden brown.

Related Post 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/eggs-tarts-than-dak-recipe-taiwanese.html
2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/06/tuna-fish-pie-recipe.html
3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/peteformation-chocolate-cake-recipe.html
4) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/peteformation-marble-cake-recipe.html
5) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/simple-recipe-muara-cawang-indonesian.html

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to make 'apple pie' for my family. LOL... but I think it is not pie anymore, because i use the springroll skin to wrap the apple fillings... and summore I fry it like popia... OMG!

Pete said...

Cleff : Mmmm, that sounds interesting, use popiah skin to wrap, will try it out. Popiah apple pie....LOL!

Pei Pei said...

One of my favourites. I like the crust to be butterish & flaky.
And the apple filling; taste sweet & sour from the apple & cinnamon-ish... Oohh... nice (drooling now).

Reanaclaire said...

oh gosh..how hardworking u r.. esp in the early morning, u start yr baking already.. really envy your family la..
u make tis sound so easy and yet i don think i can do it esp the kneading part.. either my pastry will turn out hard and touch or too soft.. i guess i hv to do more trials and errors then only can get it perfect..

Pete said...

Pei Pei : The buttery crust, I like the taste too, LOL!

Claire : Actually if you mix the flour and butter into granules form then use iced cold water, the result should be ok. Happy trying. Cheers!

ladyviral said...

Waaa I love Apple Pies! And that looks yummy! @.@ I want Apple Pie!

Seriously, hardworking in cooking.. I would faint if I cook so much haha :P.

Pete said...

ladyviral : I guess if cook like me, agak-agak only the ingredients then should be quite fast, ha ha, LOL!

suituapui said...

Eeee...so jealous! Haven't made a pie for a long time! Must do it one of these days and post too... Hehehehehe!

Pete said...

STP : Can't wait to see STP pie post! When want to make? ha ha ha!

Ayie said...

you are so extensive in cooking...you bake even hard stuffs. thumbs up to you!