Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Curry Chicken Bread XXXXL! – Recipe

I made this extra large (xxxxxL) curry chicken bread during my daughter’s birthday. The dough was a little too soft and the supposedly donut shaped bread turned out to be a large oval one! (Actually I wanted to make it in the same shape as Bread Roll with Chicken Meat & Sausage Filling aka Enfanada Although it did not turn out exactly in the shape that I wanted it to, the taste is quite good. Even my little toddler enjoyed eating the curry chicken bread. I am amazed that he can eat hot and spicy food! Must have been very hungry! Bread 3 cups of Flour 1 teaspoon of dry yeast mix in water, a tablespoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt and a little flour, to wake them up! Curry Chicken Fillings Chicken meat, 300gms Potato, 3 pcs, cut into small cubes Onions, 1 pc, chopped finely Curry powder, 3 table spoons with a little water to make a paste Salt to taste Knead the flour and yeast mixture for at least five to seven minutes. Put aside for the dough to rise. Heat a little oil in wok and sautéed the onions until fragrant. Add curry paste and potato. Then add in the chicken meat. Fry until all the ingredients are cooked. Add salt to taste. Let the fillings cool down a little. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough. Pour the fillings into the dough and make it into a large donut shape. Bake in preheated oven at 200 Deg C for 20 minutes.

16 comments:

Ayie said...

not bad for your first try...it's the thought that counts right? I would love to try this curry bread. i love buying this in bakeries =)

Reanaclaire said...

*salute* to u Pete, early early morning, I see these delicious dishes and not only that, to know that u bake and cook...wowo... i cannot tahan already.. where to get another duplicate "U" ah? reellly reeeeelly jeles.. hahahaa...

Pete said...

Ayie : Curry spice taste goes well with bread. Add a little bit of butter....oh la la! yum yum

Claire : Ha ha, first make your husband very hungry, then try not to cook anything for him for one week. Maybe pretend to be on diet....cook very healthy steamed food, salt free....then your hubby not choice have to learn how to cook lah! ha ha !

ladyviral said...

Yummy yummy! I love curry chicken! in bread too! Yummy yummy!

Oooh going to be 6pm now... mummy cooking chicken rice today... your post reminded me haha! Yummy food! Glorious food! <3

suituapui said...

Dunno how to make bread! And I've yet to make my pie and post on it. Taking August off from work...so I think I can do it then. Got more free time!

Ayie said...

yeah, agree...i love buying curry breads too =)

Pete said...

ladyviral : Can I drop by for dinner? Wah, can smell the chicken rice from here leh!

STP : Bread real easy to make....try it larr.....very interesting!

Ayie : Ha ha, looks like many people also like curry bread.

Anonymous said...

I had this dish before at a cafe in 1Utama but can't remember the name. The curry chicken's served in a bread roll. Makes a nice light afternoon meal.

molly said...

wao, plenty of food to eat here! yummyummmy!!

Pete said...

Molly : ha ha, come and eat....come come! LOL1

Ayie said...

i'm having chicken curry for today's meal =) i already cooked it

Pete said...

Ayie :Yum Yum, curry Chicken, can I come over for a meal?

ladyviral said...

hahha! I will have to ask mummy! :P

Pete said...

ladyviral : Ha ha, your mom sure query you until upside down (pengsan) if you bring an old man like me to your house for dinner! ha ha ha....

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this blog. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.