Monday, July 6, 2009

Pork Belly with Carrefour Mixed Spices (Rempah) Recipe

I bought a packet of mixed spice (rempah daging) from Carrefour fresh spice section. I used it to marinate a pork belly cut that I bought from the wet market. Then I roast it in my oven until it turned golden brown. The pork belly dish turned out quite good and tasty. Since I roast the belly whole without cutting it to small pieces first, I ended up with a juicy and tender spice pork belly. This is what I marinated the rempah daging with. Ingredients Pork Belly, 1kg Marinade Carrefour Rempah Daging spice, 2 table spoon Salt to taste Lemon juice from ½ fruit A little lemon zest Hoi Sin sauce, 1 table spoon Honey, 3 table spoons Marinate pork belly for at least 2 hours. Heat up oven to 180 Deg C and then roast the marinated pork belly for 60 minutes. Glaze the pork with honey. When you take out the pork belly from the oven, let it rest in room temperature for at least 20 minutes. This is to let the hot juices in it to settle down so that it will flow out when you cut it. Best eaten with steamed rice.

3 comments:

suituapui said...

I just used salt and pepper...very nice, skin crispy but not crackled like roast pork sold at the stalls. That's why I didn't post... Will try again some day.

Pete said...

STP : I cut away the skin but will try to make the skin crispy next time.

smallkucing said...

aiyo......your posts made me hungry...