Thursday, July 16, 2009

Peteformation Chocolate Cake Recipe


This is the way to melt and cook the chocolate toppings I like chocolate cake very much and happened to come across blocks of chocolates being sold at Tesco Mutiara shelf at the baking section. I am not good at baking but since I have successfully bake butter cake, I guess I can modify the recipe a little bit to make chocolate cake. What I am trying to do is to make chocolate cake from using basic ingredients and not using fancy ingredients. This is not a moist type, but the cake turns out quite ok! I did not put too much sugar in it because my wife doesn’t like cake that is too sweet! Next time around I will try to insert some frozen chocolate chips into the cake to see how it will turn out. Here is my recipe for chocolate cake.

Cake
220 gms Self Raising Flour 4 cups,
sifted Castor Sugar, 80gms (more if you want it to be sweeter)
Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
Eggs, 4pcs
Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
Cocoa powder, 7 table spoons

Chocolate Cream Toppings
Cooking Chocolate, 1 block
Butter, 4 table spoons
Sugar to taste
Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon

Beat butter and castor sugar mixture until they are soft and fluffy. Slowly pour in the eggs, baking powder and shifted flour while beating the mixture at the same time. Add vanilla essence and cocoa powder to the batter. Pour batter in baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180 Deg C for 20 minutes. To make the chocolate cream dressing, use a wok and put some water in it. Then put a metal bowl in the water and add in the chocolate block. When the chocolate melt, add butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Let the mixture cool down a little bit and apply them on the cake before it hardened.

Related post

4 comments:

Pete said...

Baby : Wah, microwave I still not familiar yet leh. And for steam chocolate cake, haven't tried. Very interesting, I might look around for steam chocolate cake recipe.

Ayie said...

it's only been a week since I last visited your site and you have a lot of postings already!


so chocolatey!

Pete said...

Ayie : Ha ha, Everyday 3 meals....lots of stuff to post.LOL!

Ayie said...

i have my dishes waiting in line to be posted =)