Monday, July 6, 2009

Peteformation Marble Cake Recipe

Before baking...................................................................and after baking! I tried to make a marble cake with the pattern in the picture after I saw a cooking demonstration in Kepong Jusco a few months back. This is the first time I make a marble cake and I did not use the exact measurement for it. (Just ‘agak-agak’ estimate, cause lazy to take out the weighing machine. No wonder sometimes my cake turns out ok, sometime not ok! LOL) I guess the ingredients for batter should be the same as butter cake and to make the marble patterns I used some cocoa powder. Luckily the cake turns out ok! Ingredients Butter, 225 gms Self Raising Flour130gms, sifted Castor Sugar, 80gms Baking powder, 1 teaspoon Eggs, 4pcs Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon Cocoa powder, 2 table spoons Mix butter with castor sugar and beat the mixture until creamy. Add eggs and beat until even and fluffy. Put in the vanilla essence and then add the sifted self raising flour and baking powder a little at a time while stirring the mixture. Scoop up around half a cup of the batter and add it with the cocoa powder. Pour the rest of the mixture in the baking tin. Slowly pour the cocoa batter mixture in circle over the white batter. Then use a tooth pick or a bamboo stick to make on in and one out line all over the circle. You will get the pattern as in the picture. Bake the cake in preheated oven at 180deg C for half and hour. Related Post 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/peteformation-chocolate-cake-recipe.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/simple-recipe-muara-cawang-indonesian.html 3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/nice-apple-pie-for-light-and-easy.html

9 comments:

suituapui said...

Nice...but how come you don't use baking tin. Like that, your cake flat lah> Not cylindrical...?

Pei Pei said...

Yum yum. Looks nice too :) One of my fav cakes.

Pete said...

STP : Ha ha, good question, one of my baking tin too small and another is too big for my oven, LOL!

Pei Pei : Next time I bake for you!

Adrianne Jacobsen said...

That is why they say that cooking as an art (you can be more careless with the measurements) and baking is a science (you cannot be careless with the measurements). I think that it looks really good all the same.

I have to admire you for trying to bake the cake. I am lazy and have a motto, if you can buy it in perfect form, why try to make it yourself? Then again I don't have a food blog.

ladyviral said...

You're like a chef in action! Seriously.. haha.. you cook a lot and they are all good... yummy!

Pete said...

Ballerina : Agree, cooking is and art sometimes can be a little complicated. Thks for visiting.

Ladyviral : Ha ha, just trying out new recipe only lah! LOL!

foongpc said...

Yummy! I love marble cakes! : )

Pete said...

Foongpc : Marble cake is nice but I prefer it to be not too sweet!

Sandstone Suppliers in India said...

Hello There,

this is really very nice blog and looking very nice. this blog is very helpfull for shopping .. we want come back on this blog...