Thursday, July 23, 2009

Peteformation Authentic Mamak Curry Lamb Recipe

I came across some nice lamb ribs at Tesco yesterday and bought around 400gms of it. At first, I thought of cooking Hakka Namyee Lamb with it but then I changed my mind to try out Mamak style curry lamb instead. I used some spices like cinnamon, star anise and cloves to rid the strong lamb smell. One thing I like about lamb is that no matter how you cook it, it will always turn out nice! Here is the recipe of Peteformation Authentic Mamak Curry Lamb.

Ingredients
Lamb ribs, 400gms
Star Anise, 2 pcs
Cinnamon stick, 1 pc
Cloves, 3pcs
Curry powder, ½ cup, made into paste
Onions, 2 pcs, chopped finely
Potato, 3 pcs, cut into large dices
Vegetable oil, 3 table spoon
Salt to taste

Saute onions in vegetable oil until fragrant. Add star anise, cinnamon and clove. Add in curry paste and stir fry for a short while. Put in the lamb and add some water. Let it simmer for around 2 hours to soften the lamb. Use low heat. Then add potato and let it simmer for another half and hour. Add salt to taste.

Related post
1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/05/papa-tan-instant-curry-paste.html
2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/simple-recipe-curry-chicken-without.html
3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/05/puri-with-beef-curry-rendang-tok-pete.html

4 comments:

ladyviral said...

I had just have Curry Kambing for lunch! Ooooh but the one post looks so yummy! I am a HUGE fan of lambs! and of course beef too! Poor sheeps, goats and cows...

Pete said...

ladyviral : My son just ate 6 pieces of bread with the curry...must have been very hungry! ha ha!

Pete said...

ladyviral : My son just ate 6 pieces of bread with the curry...must have been very hungry! ha ha!

Ayie said...

beef is ok, pork is ok...no lamb for me =(