Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stir Fried Chinese Black Ear Fungus Free Range Chicken with Celery Recipe

I cooked this quite some time ago when there was some leftover Chinese black fungus that I bought for my wife’s confinement when she delivered our youngest child. I thought that it should go along well with chicken and celery. A little addition of Chinese rice wine provided some added flavouring to this dish. Chinese fungus need to be soaked until they turn soft before you can cook them I like the crunchy texture of black fungus. They are also know as ear fungus, wood fungus, wood ear fungus, cloud ear fungus and.....many more names. It was found that Chinese ear fungus have anticoagulant properties. Being anticoagulant, means it stops blood from clotting, therefore I guess the Chinese people eat them for this purpose. Maybe they can improve blood circulation. Ingredients Half Free Range Chicken, cut into small pieces Onions, 1 large, cut into four Garlic, 5 pcs, chopped finely Ginger, 5 to 7 pcs Celery, 2 stalks Chinese Rice wine, 2 table spoons Salt to taste Put wok in high heat and add 2 table spoon of vegetable oil. Fry the onions, ginger and garlic for a short while. Add chicken and stir fry until chicken are cooked. Add little to prevent the chicken from sticking to the wok. Add salt, wine and celery. Serve with white rice.

3 comments:

Ayie said...

this is indeed a healthy dish

Anonymous said...

My dad used to tell me that the fungus is actually rat's ear! LOL...I never eat this stuff until I grew older! LOL...

Pete said...

Ayie : Ya, very good for ladies in confinement

Cleff : Ha Ha ha, rats ear! Rat ear so big, must be Mickey Mouse! ROLF!