Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Team Hoyt – Amazing Father’s Love

I received an email with a video attachment this morning. I am not sure where the source is but it really inspires me and touched me emotionally. The story line below looks very simple but the video holds great meaning and message. I am posting this because it reminds me of the PJ half marathon I participated a few years ago. I arrived at the venue with my eldest son who was very young then and was unable to locate my sister in law who was supposed to bring him along for the Fun Run with her. The VIP already flagged off the men’s open and there were no more runners at the starting line. I have trained hard for this run and I knew that with my son tagging along I will not be able to finish the race. I am a runner not Arnold Schwazenegger, to be able to carry my son along the 21km course. Ha ha ha, LOL! I took the numbers off my running vest in order not to confuse the officials and decided to go along the Fun Run (3km) route with him, carrying him piggy back at some point. Then it dawned on me that running together with my son and finishing the race together is more meaningful than running alone. Sometime in life, we might have achieved great things alone, but it will be more meaningful if you work as a team with your loved ones to achieve it together Peteformation. Here is the story and video that I received from my sister in law this morning! One day, a son asks his dad, ”Daddy, would you like to run a marathon with me?". The father says "yes". And they run their first marathon together. Another time, the son asks his dad again "Daddy, would you like to run a marathon with me?". The father says "yes son". One day, the son asks his father “Daddy, would you run the Ironman with me?". The Ironman is the most difficult triathlon ever (4 km swimming, 180 km biking, 42 km running?) And the dad says "yes".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice sharing on the fun run you did with your son. Relationship is more important than finishing that race.

Anonymous said...

Nice sharing on the fun run you did with your son. Relationship is more important than finishing that race.

Chris said...

haha.. maybe he is superdaddy..

suituapui said...

Have seen this on youtube and some people also shared on Facebook...but never took the time to watch the whole thing. Lazy...Hehehehehe!!!

Pete said...

Mei Teng : Ya, I agree!

Chris : This guy is real strong!

STP : It was quite a popular video played in church during Fathers day. But sometime youtube loading is real slow.

Pei Pei said...

Indeed, the greatest is Love. This is a very good & inspiring sharing. Thanks Pete

Pete said...

Pei Pei : Thks Pei Pei, Have a nice weekend.