Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sheng Hiang Tambun Biscuit (Biskut Kacang Hijau, Tau Sar Peah), Penang

Tau Sar Peah aka Tambun Biscuit in air tight packaging

Why most of the Tau Sar Peah boxes looks similar?......make it more funky lah! Map and address to Sheng Hiang My in laws gave me a box of Sheng Hiang Tambun biscuit when I went back to Butterworth recently. I like to eat tambun biscuit but I never tried this brand of tambun biscuit (tau sah peah) before. The packaging sure looks like some of the famous brands of tambun biscuit. It came in a nice box and inside they are packed into four in plastic tubes. Well, the taste? It has its own unique taste, a little bit creamier than the usual ones I had and the aroma is nice too. Actually overall it taste quite good. I think I will drop by the shop on my next trip to Penang. Here is the address of Sheng Hiang that I copied from the box. Address: Sheng Hiang Biscuits Sdn Bhd No. 19, Kimberly Street, 10100, Penang, Malaysia Tel: 604 -2619928 Website: http://www.shenghiang.com/ 2nd Address No. 34, New Lane, 10400, Penang HP: 016 4159928 Related Post 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/10/penang-roti-tapai-biscuits.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/11/beh-teh-soh-roti-gula-putih-hiong-piah.html 3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/04/pong-piah-and-hiau-piah-chinese.html 4) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/malaysian-attap-chi-attap-palm-fruit.html

10 comments:

suituapui said...

Friends love to give that...but I'm not really crazy about them. Prefer Heong Pian from some town in Perak...where the filling is soft and wet, not hard and sticky... So far I haven't come across any like the ones my Taiping friend gave me long ago. All not as nice...

Pete said...

STP : Heh heh, prefer soft and wet loh! LOL!
Some old biscuits factory that produced good biscuits already closed down, so quite hard to find good ones nowadays!

mommy to chumsy said...

oh this is my favourite biscuit. i'll get whoever goes to penang to buy one for me :D

foongpc said...

The box looks like the one from Him Heang in Penang. Yeah, why they make it look all the same? To confuse their customers?

Pete said...

Mommy : Can also get tambun biscuit in the shop in SS2 same row as the big duck shop next to the yong tau foo shop. Near the corner restaurant.

Foongpc : Must have more attractive design lorrr....maybe use a model picture to promote.... LOL!

Anonymous said...

I miss Penang...Pete, I heard my friend say pantai Bersih become Pantai Kotor liao, really ah?

Pete said...

Cleff : Actually the place has improved a lot already, just before Bagan Ajam after the new highway toll there is a stop over rest area. The seaside there not too bad. But further up they really spoiled Robina Park...all rocks there now!

Unknown said...

Did this tambun biscuit "halal" to muslim?

Unknown said...

Kat mana ada jual tambun biskut area kl

Aqilah said...

Where I can buy this biscuit? Last year my chinese friend give one box to me and I really like it.