Thursday, July 23, 2009

Malaysian Chinese Style Durian Pie Recipe

I made dessert for my daughter’s birthday party recently. I wanted to have something different from all the dessert that I normally prepare for parties. Since I have some durians in the fridge, I decided to use them as one of the main ingredients in my pie. The pie turns out ok and my guest, especially my brother in law liked it very much! I used the same pie base just like the one that I have posted before this. The base ingredients for the filling are almost the same as the one for egg tarts but with fresh durians added. Here is the recipe of authentic Malaysian Durian Pie....yum, yum to all durian lovers!

Pie Pastry
Flour, 4cups
Butter, 150gms
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Iced cold water
Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon

Fillings
Eggs, 3 pcs
Durian paste from fresh durian, ½ cup
Brown Sugar, to taste
Fresh Milk, ½ cup

Mix flour and butter. Then put in, vanilla essence, salt, baking powder and sugar to taste. Slowly add in the iced cold water. Put the dough in the fridge for around half and hour. To make the durian fillings, put all the ingredients in a blender and blend them until very fine. Take out the pie dough mixture from the fridge, make it flat and press it onto your pie baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven at 200 Deg C. Take out the pastry and pour the filling mixture into it. Bake for another 10 minutes at 200 Deg C.

Related Post 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/eggs-tarts-than-dak-recipe-taiwanese.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/06/tuna-fish-pie-recipe.html 3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/peteformation-chocolate-cake-recipe.html 4) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/peteformation-marble-cake-recipe.html 5) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/simple-recipe-muara-cawang-indonesian.html 6) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/nice-apple-pie-for-light-and-easy.html

15 comments:

Ayie said...

oh, no durian pie for me... i don't fancy durians!

suituapui said...

Show off! Hahahahaha!!! I've yet to make my pie... Sigh!

Anonymous said...

I like durians...fresh, in a cake, pancake or pie. Yum!

Reanaclaire said...

Pete... u make them sound so delicous.. i scrolled, scrolled down thinking i can see the favourite durian pies...but no pic-char? hahaahhh... maybe yr brother in law finished them up before u can even snap them...

Reanaclaire said...

hey Pete. any pictures of the durian pie? i wait patiently here.. lau hau sui...

Pete said...

Ayie : Same like my son also, he don't like durians

STP : If don't show how to post leh, Bro. Ha ha ha!

Mei Teng : I like sweet pastries too! Yum tum

Claire : Sorry larr, the only picture I have is the whole pie. It was my dauther's birthday party, forgot to take pictures....then when I realise it, pie already 'habis' leh!

ladyviral said...

Wow! I want durian pies! where is my share? Faster make another one and share with us! hahaha...

Ayie's share is my! :P

mommy to chumsy said...

pete..your daughter is really lucky :D

Pete said...

ladyviral : Sure, will send one to you via DHL! ha ha

mommy : The best gift I can give her is food and loving care....LOL!

Ayie said...

my sensitivity with smell kicks in when i try to taste durian, even if i tell my mind it's good the smell over powers it =(

sure sure, just give my piece to ladyviral! =)

Pete said...

Ayie : Durian is Asian version of western 'Cheese', overpowering smell! But both taste good! LOL!

Ayie said...

no matter how much i tried to have it then, i really just can't even the candies or pastlles. That bad. My family is ok with it only me. Even my husband who's totally stranged with it managed to savor durian.

Pete said...

Ayie: Ha ha, no choice, but I think Rambutans should be ok for your tastebuds. You like it?

Ayie said...

yeah love it but just the sweet ripe rambutan! i love most asian fruits except smelly ones =) nangka is one fave =)

Anita said...

nice! thanks for this idea! I shall make a durian pie with all the durian i have at home! let's hope it comes out as nice as yours!