Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A nice bowl of Lam Mee For Breakfast after Gall Stones Removal Program - Recipe

I was so hungry after going through a gall bladder stones removal program which I have to drink apple juice three times a day for five days. After that, on the sixth day I have to fast after 4pm, drink a teaspoon of Epsom salt with warm water at 6pm, 8pm and then extra virgin olive oil with lemon juice mixture at 10pm. I was very hungry the whole night through and cannot sleep very well. Anyway, I was wide awake at 2am to make myself a hot Milo drink and ate a piece of Pong Peah (Chinese biscuits). Then, I woke up early in the morning to cook a nice breakfast of Lam Mee which I ate to my heart content! I don’t have yellow egg noodles in stock that time so I just used Bihun (rice vermicelli). Here is the recipe of my quickie Lam Mee or rather Lam Bihun!LOL!

Soup
Chicken Carcass, 1pc
Prawns, 5 large ones
Light Soya Sauce, 2 table spoons
Dark Soya Sauce, 1 table spoon
Salt to taste
Water, 4 bowls

Bring water to a boil and put in all the ingredients. Let it simmer for a round half and hour. Then thicken the soup with a little corn flour and water mixture.

Noodles and Bean sprouts
Mee (Chinese Yellow Egg Noodles), 400gms
Rice Vermicelli (bihun), 1/3 packet
Bean sprout (Ngar choi), 1 bowl

Blanch every each of the above ingredients in boiling hot water and drain away any access water.

Garnishing
Eggs, 3 pcs,
Hard Boiled (see Cooking Hard Boil Eggs Using Rice Cooker – Hassle Free and Easy Way! )
Shallots, 5pcs, fried until golden brown

Take some of the noodles and rice vermicelli, place them in a bowl. Then put the bean sprout, and hard boiled eggs on top of the noodles. Add soup to the bowl. You can garnish the dish with fried shallots and chopped spring onions before serving.

Related Post 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/11/quickie-ee-mee-egg-noodles-recipe-halal.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/10/fried-teo-chew-mee-tiau-noodles-without.html 3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/12/authentic-penang-assam-laksa-recipe.html 4) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/09/authentic-penang-curry-mee-recipe.html 5) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/11/authentic-penang-lobak-5-spice-meat.html 6) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/10/authentic-penang-hokkien-mee-prawn-mee.html

4 comments:

Ayie said...

i would have liked it better if you used chicken "bones" not carcass...sound too dead! hahaha

this is a nice quickie noodle soup though better with vermicelli or egg noodles

Pete said...

Ayie : Ha ha, yes, I should have rephrase that as chicken bones.....LOL!

Bengbeng said...

i can follow yr style of cooking... ikut apa yg ada dalam dapur n not steal from recipe somewhere with exotic ingredients. :)will definitely try many of yr recipes. quite my style except the more sophisticated ones which are quite beyond me.

Pete said...

Bengbeng : Ya, agree, it would be better to cook from common ingredients that we have in the kitchen, I also like simple recipe!
Cheers!