Friday, July 24, 2009

Roast Pork Trotters Recipe – Fusion of French, German and Malaysian Cooking!

I was actually trying to make roast pork trotters that is tender in the inside but have crispy skin outside. I need to roast it for quite long in the oven in order to do that but my kids are getting hungry so I did not manage to get the result that I want. Anyway it was a good try and the pork trotter was quite tender, including the skins too. I guess if I fry the pork trotters, it will be easier to get a crispy skin, but then the hot oil will splatter all over my kitchen if I fried the wet port trotters. Therefore, I have to use an oven to roast it instead.

Ingredients
Pork Trotter, ½

Marinade
Five spice powder, 1 teaspoon
Light Soya sauce, 2 table spoons
Bouquet garni (French for garnished bouquet), 1 pc (consist of parsley, thyme, celery and 1 bay leaf) (managed to get fresh thyme at Tesco)
Pepper, ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste Sugar, 1 teaspoon
Corn Flour, 2 teaspoon
Lemon Juice from1/2 lemon
Marinade the pork trotter and put aside for around 30minute.

Use a pressure cooker to cook the pork trotters so that will be very tender. Throw away the bouquet garni but keep the celery. Put the gravy and celery in a blender. Blend until fine. Put the gravy aside. Then arrange the pork trotter on the roasting rack. Pat the skin dry and rub some salt on it. Roast in oven at 180 Deg C for one and a half hour. Pour the gravy over the pork trotter and serve.

Related Post 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-second-attempt-at-making-crispy.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/07/authentic-malaysian-chinese-barbecued.html

11 comments:

worldwindows said...

This dish is one of my all time favourite.

Reanaclaire said...

Pete, where do u learn how to cook all these? is it thru trials and errors to make them perfect?

Pete said...

worldwindows : Thks for visiting. Looks like pork trotters are quite popular among foodies!

Reanaclaire : Actually, I just adjust the recipes with whatever that is available in my kitchen. Some are through trial and error, so my wifey always very worried when I try new recipe. LOL!

suituapui said...

Try eating with sambal belacan! Like going to Heaven, I tell you! Especially with the fat... Drools!!! I want this too when I go to KL! ROTFLMAO!!!

Pete said...

STP : Hey, this one not good for you, we go for all vegetarian and organic food in KL, after that we climb Gunung Nuang, ha ha ha! LOL!

suituapui said...

Hahahaha....don;t start making excuses liao! Tsk! Tsk!!!

Pete said...

STP : Serious, I will be publishing my vegetarian pork leg soon in my http://veganformation.blogspot.com
blog. Ha ha ha!

Ayie said...

this is a little like crispy pata except roasted! yum!

Pete said...

Ayie : Crispy pata, will check it out. Thks for the info!

Ayie said...

it can also be under pork roast....cruispy pata is deep fried

Pete said...

Ayie : Wooo, deep fried, oil will be spurting every where, LOL!