Monday, July 6, 2009

Steamed John’s Snapper Fish Head (Jenahak, Lutjamus Johni) With Bean Paste Recipe

Sometimes whenever I am bit lazy to cook, I would just put all the ingredients on to the fish and steamed it. I bought this real big, fresh and nice Red Snapper (Ang Cho) fish head (actual name is John’s Snapper) from the Kepong Baru wet market. I would only steam fish if it is very fresh. Otherwise you will be able to taste its’ natural sweetness. Furthermore, I can’t stand the fishy smells of fish that are not fresh. Actually I am not into eating fish but they are my wife and son favourite dish. Here is the simple recipe of Steamed John’s Snapper Fish Head with Bean Paste. Ingredients Fish Head Vegetable oil, 1 table spoon Blend Bean Paste (Tau Cheo), 3 table spoons Garlic, 5 pcs Ginger, 1x1x1” Chilli, 2 pcs (optional) Put the blended ingredients and a little vegetable oil on the fish. Steam in high heat for half and hour. Garnish with cilantro and serve. This dish is best eaten with white rice.

No comments: