Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chuan Kee Bak Kut Teh(Chinese Pork Herbal Soup), Jinjang Utara, Kuala Lumpur

Chuan Kee Bak Kut Teh is located before the padang (field) just after the forever busy Jinjang market in Jalan Jinjang Utara.
I am not very familiar with Jinjang Area but one day I had a chance to go food hunting there. Jinjang in Kepong is known to be a busy market and there are many varieties of food being sold here at very reasonable price. I chanced upon this little stall that sells Bak Kut Teh, which is located just before the field there. I ordered one portion of serving with 2 rice and one bowl of yau char kwai (Chinese crullers). Although the soup looks light, it is full of flavour and I can taste the natural sweetness from the pork that have been boiled in it.
The stall was packed with patrons having their early lunch or maybe breakfast. The service was good and food was served quite fast. I can't recall the exact price I paid for this meal but I remember it was very reasonable.
Map to Chuan Kee Bak Kut Teh (Chinese Herbal Pork Soup), Jinjang Utara, Kepong, Kuala Lumpur

7 comments:

suituapui said...

Better than the very famous Klang bak kut teh?

Christine said...

the soup looks good, especially since it's very cold here right now!

Caroline said...

ahh my bestie staying at that area, she mentioned this stall to me too. but dint get a chance to try it that time when am there. it looks gud!

Alice Law said...

Ohhh... I love Bak Kut Teh, must give this stall a try since it's justlocated at Jin Jang!

yvonne said...

My favourite, regardless its clearer soup! It's the flavour that's matter ;)

mNhL said...

i love to eat bak kut teh using chopstick.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

U making me feel like eating it right now, hehe...