Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Salty Fried Chicken Wing Recipe

I soaked these chicken wing in brine solution for around 2 hours before frying them. Soaking chicken in brine solution would make the meat moist and salty. However, if you are worried about the chicken being too salty, then you can just rub them with salt. Actually brine solution is more suitable for whole chicken or whole turkey. If you are using whole chicken or turkey, then you can soak them overnight.
You can deep fry, roast or barbecue the marinated chicken. Since, it would be a hassle to start up my barbecue pit, I just fried the chicken wings in vegetable oil.

Here is my Ham Ham Kai (Salty Fried Chicken) Recipe.....not 'ham sup kai' lah......he he he!

Ingredients,
Chicken Wings, 10 pcs
Brine Solution, enough to cover the chicken
Dark Soya Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon
Honey, enough to glaze the chicken
Lemon Juice, from 1 lemon
Five spice powder, 1 teaspoon

Note : To make brine solution, add half cup of table salt to 1 gallon (around 3.7 liters) of water.

Soak chicken wings in brine solution for around 2 hours. Pour away the brine solution. Marinade the chicken with dark soya sauce, five spice powder and lemon juice. Deep fry the chicken wings until they turned golden brown. Remove chicken from the wok and drain away excess oil. Rub honey on the chicken while it is still hot before serving.

20 comments:

Alice Law said...

Hot tip you hv given ths morning... how to dilute brine anyway?

Now I gonna get some 5 spice and chicken wings for your recipe, ciao!

Reanaclaire said...

I must ask my friend what is brine solution.. :) the turnout of the chicken wings looks so delicious!!

Pete said...

Alice, Claire : Brine solution is just saturated salt water solution. ie, dissolve salt in water until you see at the base there some salt that cannot dissolve anymore.

Hayley said...

Wow, yummy! Siu kai yek, ngor zhong yi sek... haha =D

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I come to steal the recipe to try one of the day...

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Aiya! All the sundry shops run of stock for brine solution said 'there is one 'ham sup loh' dunno name something got 'P' bought em all'. So no Ham Ham Kai. Chicken wings are Mango's fav...they are looking good. tQ.

Alice Law said...

Thanks Pete, gonna marinate my chicken right away, show you the outcome tonight on FB, fingers crossed... hopefully I won't char the chicken wings!LOL!

WendyinKK said...

Good for the BBQ pit :)

suituapui said...

Looks like my missus'.... Hers. very nice too. Yum! Yum!

mommyscchoo@gmail.com said...

my dear si fu, my hairs drop after scratching n wondering wat on earth is Brine Solution, sound so high class..... kekeke.... guan lai si salt water. tks for the tips, i wanna try the chicken wing recipe. Good day !!

Aunty Liew said...

Hmmm...take note this shall make this coming weekend for celebrate father's day...thanks for the recipe!

Yannie said...

Looking these chicken wings, make me miss BBQ them.

PFx said...

I bet it's pretty juicy! Nice!

[SK] said...

OH MY!!! this is super duper delicious!! i want to have chicken wings now!!!

Christine said...

would love to taste this although salt isn't good for me.

BigAppleNosh said...

I love fried chicken wings - these look great!

cleffairy said...

Ohhh... I'm gonna try this soon.

wenn said...

great! something new to me..

Mummy Moon said...

I like chicken wings!! This salthy freid chicken wings look so yummy!

lena said...

sounds really good, looks even better!!