Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cream Cheese Salad with Crouton Recipe

Cream cheese helps to enhance the flavours of a salad dish. I would add cream cheese to my salad dressing which consists of mainly lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Sometime, when I am a little lazy to prepare the salad dressing, I would just use Thousand Island salad dressing that I bought off the shelf. My daughter loves crouton, so I would make some using day old bread.

Ingredient
Cream Cheese, 2 tablespoons
Thousand Island Salad dressing or Mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons
Crouton from 2 slices of bread, spread with butter and toast in oven until crispy
Romaine Lettuce, 5 leaves, cut into thin strips
Tomato, 2 pcs, cut into bite sizes
Carrot, 1 pc, cut into thin strips
Onions, 1 pc, cut into rings
Corn, ½ cup, steamed until soft
Pepper, a dash

Combine cream cheese and Thousand Island salad dressing. Add a dash of pepper. Put the rest of the ingredients in a salad mixing bowl. Pour the salad dressing over the vegetables and mix well. Serve chilled.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

i want to eat dat one for my tea break time!! sobs. almost time dy and craving for it. LOL

manglish said...

my 1at impression of the dish is WAAAAA crouton on sales is it??? hahahahahaha

suituapui said...

My daughter would love this... Yum!!! Ummm...maybe with less croutons! LOL!!!

Alice Law said...

Oh dear, that's loads of croutons on the dish... very filling my friend!^-^

A wonderful Sunday morning to you!

cleffairy said...

Whoa! This is my kinda thing! Gimme a bowl!

jen cheung said...

that looks superly filling! but delicious la!

jen