Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fried Misua (wheat flour vermicelli) Recipe

Normally there are no preservatives in misua because the manufacturer would use salt to preserve it. Therefore it is advisable not to add salt when cooking misua (wheat flour vermicelli). In order to cook up a good plate of fried misua, you must use the thick type like the ones you normally see in Teluk Intan. Thin type of misua that are normally sold in convenient shop would turn soggy very fast and break into small pieces. I learned how to cook this fried misua on one of my trips to Setiawan.

Ingredients
Misua (thick type), 2 pcs, blanched in hot water to soften
Dark soya sauce, 1 teaspoon
Light soya sauce, 1 teaspoon
Garlic, 5 pcs, chopped finely
Sesame oil, ½ teaspoon
Pepper, a dash
Prawns, 5 pcs, shelled
Egg, 1 pc
Spring onions, 1 stalk

Put a little vegetable oil into a non stick wok. Add garlic and sauté until it turn golden brown. Put in the prawns. Add eggs, light soya sauce and pepper. Scrambled the eggs and add in the misua. Add dark soya sauce, sesame oil and fry for a short while until the misua is cooked. Garnish with spring onions before serving.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like mee suah broth style. There's a nice restaurant that serves great tasting mee suah in SS2. Can't remember the name though.

Reanaclaire said...

wow..frying misua needs kungfu one.. u r very geng!

Aunty Liew said...

Hey, i just fried misua last saturday.The same way as yours and the same ingredient too!

suituapui said...

I think I tried frying it once...but usually I would eat with chicken soup...or toss with Bovril.

Somewhere in Singapore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Somewhere in Singapore said...

Dinner time now, courier one plate over, kaka...

Mummy Moon said...

You make me hungry man.. Macam easy to cook, I will try it out one day.Nest time when you buy the meesua again, can take pic show in the blog? I got no idea what time of Meesua to buy . Don't know can find the meesua you use in KL or not...

[SK] said...

oh nice, i like any kind of fried vermicelli type.. be it meesuah, meehoon or tanghoon~~ :)

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Lately eyes playing trick thought saw 'fried musa' oh dear..haha..oh missed the Penang duck drumstick 'ark tooi' misua soup I lup..

Christine said...

nice, with just a few ingredients

Alice Law said...

I prefer Fried misua over the soup one too, it tastes superdelicious!^-^

have a great week ahead!

smallkucing said...

misua satu plate please :D

Annie Q said...

i love fried mee suah! Is it the same way to fried like how to fried mee hoon? But i think mee suah not easy to fried compare to mee hoon. Like Claire said, need some "kungfu".

Food For Tots said...

I like mee suah be it soup and fried. Don't think I can get the thick type in my place. *Sigh*. I can "savour" your fried mee suah from the screen only. So delicious! ;)

Chris J said...

I think Fried misua over the soup will be more superdelicious....... This is really a nice post. It makes me hungry..

ChloeRuoyi said...

I love mee-sua too! I get my supply from Sitiawan (tumpang friend when she balik kampung) cos I think the mee-sua from there is the BEST. It has a very good, firm texture and won't break into pieces... good for stir-frying.

Ayie said...

i nver tried frying misua...interesting

cher said...

I do not care for prawns would chicken work? Without ruining the flavor?