Thursday, August 7, 2008

Food – Food/Work Marathon – In Olympic mood! (Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh in Puchong , Penang Curry Mee in PJ, Jawa Mee in Sri Rampai)

Yesterday, I started my day early. Woke up at 5.30 am and left the house at 6.15 am for an appointment in Putrajaya. Here is the log of all my activities. 6.15 am – Left home 7.00 am – Reached Puchong 1) Breakfast – Bak Kut Teh at Telok Pulai Klang Restaurant in Puchong The wet BKT- Very small serving......................The dry BKT with lady fingers I ordered one dry and wet Bak Kut Teh. The wet bak kut teh here is of a milder version. The dry one is not very dark but full of taste. The dry version is cooked with dry chilies, dried cuttlefish and dark soya sauce. 2 bowls of rice (RM2), one dry Bak Kut Teh (RM9), one wet BKT (RM9) and a pot of Tork Shau Heong Tea (RM3) cost me RM23. The serving of BKT is quite small, a bit on the pricy side. Address: No 23G, Jalan ½, Taman Industri Pusat Bandar Puchong, Bt. 12 ½, Jalan Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor. Note : Telok Pulai Restaurant have already moved to a new location, shoplot at the back row of the old restaurant, facing the main road. The signboard is now red in colour. Taman Industri Pusat Bandar Puchong Map: 12 noon – Left Putrajaya 1 pm – Arrived in Pudu Plaza to drop off some document. I ‘cabut’ (left) from the place quickly. Parking for first 15 minutes in this building is free. LOL 1.30 pm – Arrived in Sin Hup Seng Restaurant, SS21 in Seapark PJ. I had a lunch date here. 2) Lunch – Penang Curry Mee (noodles) – Sin Hup Seng Restaurant Penang Curry Mee I ordered two bowls of Penang curry mee. The gravy is nice. The more chilies you add in the nicer it will be, so remember to ask for more chili. Ok, the curry mee pass my test. The stall also sells Penang Prawn Mee, Kueh Teow Soup and Fried Kueh Teow. Address: Sin Hup Seng Restaurant Jalan 21/1, Seapark, Petaling Jaya (Opposite KFC) Jalan 21/1, Seapark, PJ Map 2 pm - Dropped by the Commissioner for Oath office in 2, Jalan SS2/61, SS2, 47000 Petaling JayaTel 78772495 HP 0123991081 (new location), to get two documents signed. I can hear my Branch Manager LOL, 2 new recruits, Yay! 3 pm – Decided to pay my business partner baby products shop in SS2 a visit. Address is 39-A, Jln SS2/55, 47300, Petaling Jaya. We had a discussion on current stock market situation over a teh tarik in Pelita Restaurant. Sorry, forgot to take pictures of the restaurant. 4.30 pm – Another business appointment in Taman Bahagia, PJ. 6.30 pm – Headed to Ulu Klang for my next appointment. Since Jalan Genting Klang is all jammed up I took short cut though Taman Sri Rampai. Since I am in the area, I decided to drop by in Taman Sri Rampai to eat my favourite Char Kueh Teow. Arrrrh, the stall is closed. So, I went over check out another stall in that area that I used to frequent, Jawa Mee. 3) Dinner – Jawa Mee – Ya-Ka- Fook Restaurant The tasty Jawa Mee, real big serving! Sorry, picture is not clear! A pretty lady distracted me The restaurant was packed with diners. I managed to find a seat by sharing a table with a lone diner. The chubby uncle that runs the stall is very generous. At RM3.50 per plate, the serving is rather large. This area is populated by students, so you can find many foods stall that serve large serving of food at very reasonable price. The Jawa mee is garnished with sesame seed, fried shallots, fried tofu, fried prawn crackers, vegetable and boiled potatoes. Anyway I am really proud of myself for being able to finish all of it. Downed everything with a glass of iced coffee. Yum Yum. Address: Ya-Ka-Fook Restaurant Jalan 45A/26, Taman Sri Rampai, Kuala Lumpur Taman Sri Rampai, KL Map 7.30 pm – Continued my journey to Bukit Antarabangsa, UK, hah hah… Ulu Klang. Drat, I missed the turn from MRR2. Hey City Hall, please replace the sign board! Have to drive on further to make a U turn. Why can’t the contractors put up proper sign board and hazard lights when they are upgrading the road? I nearly went on to the wrong side of the road. Luckily, I saw the faded painted arrow sign on the road. Gosh!When I arrived at Burger King, Bukit Antarabangsa, I saw my good friend, WY. Lee had just parked his car. We finished our discussion at 9.30 pm The nice Burger King Restaurant in Bukit Antarabangsa, UK 9.30 pm – Back on the road, MRR 2, I called another buddy for supper but he is not available. So, I decided to call it a day and headed on home. I passed through the cracked area in MRR2. Luckily it did not collapse, or else I won’t be here writing this today! LOL Reached home at 10.15pm, a very good and fruitful day! Hit the sack at 12midnight. Related Links 1) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/12/kedai-kopi-ijok-setia-alam-bak-kut-teh.html 2) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2008/06/food-dry-bak-kut-teh-restaurant-shun.html 3) http://peteformation.blogspot.com/2009/06/seng-lee-claypot-bak-kut-teh-bukit.html

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...food marathon...if only i can afford to do that. Eh, where got nice place to eat seafood, and cheap in KL?

Pete said...

Clef : Go to Restoran Gembira in Taman Megah opposite Ming Tien food court(night only). They are offering drunken tiger prawn at RM15 per plate(around 10pcs) and sharfin soup at RM8.80 per bowl. Assam fish is good. Six dishes for nine person only RM131.00(including 2 bowls of shark fin soup). I was there last Sat. Hope the offer is still on.

Michelle said...

hmmm food blogger ya? hehe
should go klang for the authentic klang bkt... better taste.. lower price..

oh btw. hi pete. =)
thanks for your comments in my blog.

Pete said...

Michelle : Thks for visiting my blog. Ya, agree with you, Klang BKT is good and price reasonable.

Anonymous said...

Adeeeeihhhhh! I'm a typical female lah, Pete. I dunno where is Restoran Gembira, Taman Megah. But it's quite cheap, considering 9 people having it. Can you err... Specifically tell me where it is? Got address? These kind of restaurant is is actually a life saver when it comes to treating my family as well as my in laws. Or issit is in one of your post? i don't usually pay attention to the restaurant because the food you show usually is very... err...distracting, and i end up looking at the pictures. =.=

Malaysian Joe said...

DROOOOOOL!!

You are having a good life... food marathon on a working day!

Pete, you are asking cleffy to drive from OneStep to PJ to makan ah?

Rest Gembira.. Sea Park ah?

Pete said...

Clef : Ok Lah, I will work on a post on Gembira Restaurant with GPS and clear map just for u.

Joe : It is in Tmn Megah next to Taman SEA (Tmn SEA is different place from Seapark). Make a left turn at the flyover just after Kelana LRT and you can find the place. Onestep? where is that place... Cleff is staying there?

Anonymous said...

LOL... I live in Setapak lah, stupid place...nothing nice to eat.

k.t.x said...

wow, this is really some multitasking...or rather killing 2 birds with one stone huh? working and foodie! good on yer. they say, dining is good fortune...hehe.

emmm, this clef sure can eat huh? quite a surprise...lol.

Calvin Soo KJ said...

all : IM HUNGRYYYYY!!!!!!! Tmn Megah ka, Tmn Tak Megah ka...bring me there!!!! *growl*

Pete said...

ktx : Thks for visiting. Yes, I agree dining is good fortune. Luckily I can still maintain my waistline all this years...

Calvin : Drop me your contact in
pl2323@gmail.com when you r in KL!

Clef: I thought there is one good fish head in Tmn Sri Rampai & and fried mee near Tawakal

Anonymous said...

Fried mee in Tawakkal area? Really? I never heard of it...kinda never go around hospital area becoz I kinda have the impression that anything near hospital, the food surely would be bad. LOL.

k.t.x, I can eat, but abit retarded because cannot grow. I think metabolism too high, and the rest of my family also very skinny. It irks me when ppl ask me "Why you so skinny6? Tak Makan ke?". They dunno that I can eat like a bottomless pit when it comes to food that I like. Hahaha.

Wah... must stay away from Calvin, he sounds pretty dangerous when his stomach is growling.

Actually, there used to be nice food around my area... but these days, the quality drop like shiet. Must be the fuel effect. :-(

fufu said...

bak kut teh also quite different nowadays, i ponder if the taste has changed or not, miss the bak kut teh i used to have when i was young with different kin of soup in small bowls instead of today`s one big pot

Roses said...

i went to that teluk pulai bak ku teh too last time...boy, it was so hard to locate that place. by the time we reached there werent much left.
yet to try the DRY version but planning to. not plenty of restaurant that has this on their menu eh?!

i might get fat if i frequent ur site too much. all those tempting food has psychologically activate my appetite recently

iamlz said...

BKT!! Dint eat for long ady!!!

Btw, welcome to my blog! ;)