Friday, August 29, 2008

Hawker Food – Penang Lrg Selamat Char Kueh Teow in USJ 14, Subang Jaya, Selangor

My favourite CKT. Arrrrg, I am putting on weight. Need to sign up for weight loss program. LOL. Lam Hing Leong Restaurant Whenever I crave for Penang Char Kueh Teow, I would drop by in Lam Hing Leong Restaurant in USJ14, Subang Jaya, to eat the famous Penang Lorong Selamat Char Kueh Teow there. The Kueh Teow is fried to perfection and topped with crispy fried lard, the way I like it. Drooling already……….need to go back to get my Char Kueh Teow shot! LOL. The stall is run by a husband and wife team. The wife does the frying of the Kueh Teow. You should observe how Uncle Jimmy adds pepper and crispy fried lard on to a plate of Fried Kueh Teow……. ada style (Got style)! There is another stall in this restaurant that sells Penang White Curry Mee and Penang Kueh Teow Soup. Try it out!

Address: Restaurant Lam Hing Leong, Jln USJ 14/1L, USJ 14, Subang Jaya Open: Mon to Sat, 7am to 2pm NOTE: CLOSE ON SUNDAY!

Google Map : Latitude 3° 2'19.43"N Longitude 101°35'20.66"E MAP to USJ 14, Subang Jaya, Lorong Selamat Char Kueh Teow

Note : Dec 2010, Noticed that the Penang Curry Mee stall is no longer there.

19 comments:

Chris said...

Hmm... I like Char Kueh Teow too. Long time didn;t go to USJ oredi.
Got one very nice CKT near to Jalan Alor last time but now closed down oredi. :(

cleffairy said...

Arghhh! Pete... how could you! Char koay teow! It's my favourite too, but i dun like too much tauge in it. :-P

Pete said...

Chris : Try this one, ada standard!

Cleff : The taugeh in this CKT stall is the chubby type like Ipoh. Yummy leh.

Josephine said...

Aiyoh, I feel like eating CKT now leh. Long time no eat jor.

cc said...

Oh, I'm craving for some good hearty char kueh teow! :D

BeverLy's Secret said...

I don't know char kueh teow can have such a cool name, CKT!! keke..

I really miss m'sia food!! CKT is in my food list when i go back home!

mcky1224 said...

Wow Pete, how could you put on such a tempting CKD by just showing us without taking us there?! Yummy yummy~ That is the CKD that I am yearning for~ ^^

Pete said...

Josephine : CKT can be addictive

cc: I am too!

Beverly : Ha Ha cool name. Looking for another good stall in KL.

mcky1224 : No problem lar! Let me know when u want to go!

mistipurple said...

tell me tell me how the uncle got style add the fried lard and pepper!!

amoker said...

try the one near Wisma FAM in PJ. it is halal and pretty good. used to go there when i work there last time. yummy.

eunice said...

WA!!! I love Penang Char Kueh Teow!! Best in the world!! I am going Penang this month! Sure will eat till I fat! XD

Pete said...

mistipurple : He does it very gently, like tai chi lah!

amoker : Thks for the info. I will chk it out.

eunice : Enjoy yourself in Penang. Yay, to Penang food!

RUN WITH THE WAVE said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
平凡人 said...

even i'm penang lang i never eat lorong selamat char kueh teow because it too too expensive loh...one plate rm7.00 and you must take your long "Q" by yourself with bring your own plate , you know very hot lah ...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The char kway teow looks good, make me drooling liao... hehe...

Tracy Tan said...

i love the char kueh teow there too! my mom's plc is in USJ14 and that's how we stumbled upon this stall. The only complaint I have is that the portion is so small.

Criz Lai said...

I think I would skip the CKT there as I have lots of that in Penang.. haha :P Another thing, I have to watch my diet too .. cry~~

http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

Pete said...

Penang Lang : Agree, the Lrg CKT is too expensive. This one in USJ 14 is RM4.50 per plate but quite small portion. Unfortunately we have to eat here when craving for Penang food!

SwhereinSpore : This is a dry Penang version.

Tracy : Yea, portion too small but I like the crispy pork lard. Yoo hoo....tasty, ha ha!

Criz : This one has a taste of its own. Can ask the uncle to cut down on the crispy lard lor. LOL

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd like to congratulate you for such a great made forum!
I was sure this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/skateboard-party-supplies.html]skateboard Party Supplies[/url].

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails