Friday, May 15, 2009

Penang Road Teowchew Chendol At Giant Subang Jaya

NOTE: This stall is no longer in operation here because this Giant building have been torn down to make way for a new building project.

Cleffairy recent comments on where to find good chendul in KL in my post Penang Food – Kedai Kopi Ho Ping, Penang Road Chendol & Joo Hooi Cafe reminded me that I have this Giant Subang Jaya Penang Road Chendul photo embedded somewhere in my computer hard disk. I am not very sure if this is really the branch of the famous Penang Chendul but it tastes as good as the original one. The logo used in this stall is similar to the one in Penang. This Penang Road TeowChew Chendol stall is located in the Giant Subang Jaya food court and I have been savoring the nice and cool chendol for quite some time. I often meet my friend from Klang in this food court because he likes the chendol so much. The taste of chendol with lots of giant red beans is out of this world. ‘Wa lau leh’, yummy dessert on a hot day!........drooling.......... LOL Map to Giant Subang Jaya, Selangor
Related Post on Nice Penang Food in KL

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

MUAHAHAH.... Subang Jaya Giant... now I know where I should pester my father in law to treat me dessert when i go visit! *EVIL GRIN!*

Pete said...

Aiyo, laugh so loud ah! Can hear you while passing through Kepong main road just now! ha ha ha!

fufu said...

yeah i just had the best cendol in penang =)

Anonymous said...

wat is the difference between teow chew cendol and normal cendol?

it looks the same....

cibol said...

hi there, okay. nothing related. dropping my email here for the pictures. :) by the way, nice to be meeting you. :)

suituapui said...

You are really loyal to your roots. You know where to get the best Penang food in KL and PJ, it seems. Btw, nice meeting you, Pete...and thanks for the mee teow. Will cook up a nice recipe for it and post in my blog... See when have mood! Hahahahaha!!!

foongpc said...

Wow! Chendol with lots of red bean is my kind of dessert on a hot day! : )

suituapui said...

Pictures, cibol? Did anybody else take pictures that morning? Gee! I just can't remember... LOL!!!

Pete said...

Fufu : Is it the Penang Road Stall?

Garfield : Actually the Teowchew Chendul in Penang Road more of a brand name only.

Cibol : Already emailed to you. Cheers!

STP : Ha Ha, Penang people and hawker food are inseparateable. Nice meeting you too.
I emailed you the pictures leh. Did you receive? Cheers!

Foongpc : Agree, especially during these few hot weeks!

Shelyn said...

I don't really crave red beans, as long as the soup is nice. But my mum would go crazy seeing those giant red beans :p

eunice said...

yummy! the colour of this chendol looks good! I hardly can find any good chendol in SG. Mostly are bright green in colour and not smooth at all.

Pete said...

Shelyn : Actually the small red beans taste better than the big ones

Eunice : Maybe they use less lek tau hoon.

Baby : Ahhh, you must be very familiar with this place.