Saturday, October 10, 2009

Yummy Kueh Teow (Flat Rice Noodles, Cheng Tong) Soup, Heng Hoe Restaurant, Chai Leng Park, Prai – Peteformation Choice

Whenever I crave for a good Kueh Teow Soup, I will drop by in Heng Hoe Restaurant in Chai Leng Park (previously known as Alisan, just at the back of Wah Hong Restaurant). This stall is run by an old couple and they have been selling Kueh Teow Soup here for many years. I have been eating the kueh teow soup from this stall for many years and on my recent trip back to Butterworth, I suddenly realised that the uncle is getting very old and he cannot move as fast as before. I wonder how long he will be selling kueh teow here. Sometimes I really pity them, so old yet have to slog so hard to earn a living. I came to know that they do not have any children, so no one to take of them in their twilight years. Somehow, I like the taste of the kueh teow soup from this stall and to me it is the best one around. The soup is very nice and flavourful. They are quite generous with the minced pork and garnishing. It is sort of a cross between ‘Cheng Thong’ (Clear Soup Noodles) and ‘Chee Yoke Fun’ (Pork Noodles). I haven’t found a stall that can match the unique taste of this uncle’s kueh teow. Anyway, this is only my personal opinion. Sorry I don’t have the picture of the kueh teow because I ‘tar pau’ (take away) and brought them back to KL. Ha ha ha! Address : Heng Hoe Restaurant 74, Jalan Gan Chai Leng, Chai Leng Park 13700 Prai, Butterworth. Breakfast and Lunch only Map to Heng Hoe Restaurant, Chai Leng Park.

12 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

hi pete..i m going to pg next week most prob.. hope to get a place to stay cos it is deepavali.. it seems chai leng park has lots to be eaten right? see whether my fren can take me there or not this saturday.. have to take my son too as well.. or else end up in pg .. pg pg.. must call eugene..haha..

cleffairy said...

Oyyyy, Pete... next time you tapao things from B'worth, please tapao extra for me. LOL...

CheaHSan said...

Pete about the name of shop selling Kueh Teow Soup in OUG in short my duaghter's fave code - KTT (Kueh Teow Thing[hokkien] it's 'Restoran Sea Sun'. You see the signage of the coffee shop is merely think 2'x 3' and not like 'Heng Hoe' one whole row. Easy to find corner lot shop facing OUG market. If lost ask the people around where is the famous 'Chee Yoke Fun' they would be able to point their finger unless they are not locals.

suituapui said...

Ah! Thank goodness no photo of the kway teow th'ng!!! Had a nice one at that coffee shop neat Cititel on Penang Road. Ummm...dunno when I can go and eat again!!! Drool! LOL!!!

Pete said...

Clair : Chai Leng Park has lots of restaurants and hawker stall, but not all are nice, some just so so! Have a nice trip to PG

Cleff : Sure, no problem!

Bro Cheah : Wah, sign board so small ar! Never mind, when come to food my eyes are like a Hawk! he he he!

sTP : Ha ha, Penang KTT really 'keng', can make us crave like pregnant women...ha ha ha LOL!

H said...

Hi Pete,
it is raining here today in SA, a perfect day for some of that soup!!
Have a great day.
H.

tuti said...

so nice tapao home for the family ah? can fedex over also? lol.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had kuey teow soup in ages. There's a good one with prawn dumplings at near my home.

CheaHSan said...

Pete ~ think you can also smell where the place, hawkeye ok but dont be cockeye.

Pete said...

H : Thks for dropping by my blog. Have a nice weekend!

Tuti : Sure can fedex...nowadays, courier real fast! ha ha ha!

Mei Teng : Hah, please give me the name and address of the restaurant!

Bro Cheah : Ha ha ha, cockeye if see too much xxx photos but not food...LOL!

Ayie said...

everybody has their fave places to get their yummy dishes =)

Pete said...

Ayie : Agree, yum yum!