Friday, April 22, 2011

Simple Chinese Herbal Mi Sua (Wheat Vermicelli) - Recipe for the Ladies



After publishing Recipe for The Guys, now I would like to share here a Recipe For the Ladies. LOL! I have a packet of Sin Wah Misua, if not mistaken its' from Melaka. This herbal misua recipe would taste better if you use duck meat. I didn't have any duck meat in stock in my freezer, so I just made do with the pork lean meat that I have. So guys, it is your turn to be careful.......after your wifey eat this......habislah you! ha ha ha.

Disclaimer : COOK AT YOUR OWN RISK! Next year, another kid 'come out', don't blame Peteformation ahh. he he he

Ingredients
Pork, 50 gms (or duck meat, drumstick)
Misua, 1 bunch
Yuk Chuk, 7 pcs
Tong kwai, 1 pc
Kei Chi, 1 tablespoon
Water, 3 bowls
Salt to taste (misua is already salty)
Light Soya sauce, 1 teaspoon
Sesame oil, a few drops
Shao shing Chiew (Chinese Cooking wine), 1 tablespoon
Garlic, 3 cloves, chopped finely and deep fried in oil
Egg, 1 pc (optional)

Pour water in pot and bring to boil. Put in the pork, Yuk Chok, Kei Chi and Tong Kwai. Boil for around 15 minutes. Add light soya sauce, salt, shao shing chiew, egg and sesame oil. Put in the misua. Once the misua (wheat vermicelli) spread out, turn off the heat. Garnish with parsley and fried garlic. Serve while still hot!


Benefits of Chinese Herbs
1) Yul Chuk (Polygonatum root, Polygonatum odoratum) – Moisturises our internal organ, balances Yin
energy, clear wind and softens the sinews.
2) Tong Kwai (Angelica Sinensis Root, Radix Angelicae sinensis) – Stimulating effect on the uterus, tonic for blood and regulating menses, lubricate the bowels, improve immune system, antioxidant, protect digestion system and improve blood circulation. (Warning, Tong Kwai must not be eaten during pregnancy)
3) Kei Chi (Lycium Berries, Lycium Barbarum) – Brighten the eyes, moistens the lungs and enriches Yin energy.

12 comments:

wenn said...

so simply just the 3 main herbs..thx.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Hahaha! First time I see recipes with such a disclaimer :D Really that effective ka? I wanna try lah :p

suituapui said...

Adoi!! That is the BIGGEST mee sua I have ever seen. Like our hung ngang - hop over to my blog and see tomorrow's post to find out what that is.

Small Kucing said...

the gei zhi very good.

Christine said...

you're too funny

Yannie said...

No thank for another baby, Pete. I know why I was not so dangerous now, as I seldom took these 3 herbs. I still prefer ginger wine dish. Hahahah!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Another one? Saya sangat takut lar, hehehe ....

Reanaclaire said...

Me? too old to try hor? hehehe...

Merryn said...

LoL! With that kinda disclaimer.. hmm... thinking twice if I should try this! :P

lena said...

ok, i pass this recipe to my friend!!

Alice Law said...

Yum, ichiban!!!!

Annie Q said...

I love this!! But it will be nicer if using sarawak mee suah. If got chance you should try Sarawak mee suah, different from here one.