Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Peteformation Bacon Pork Rolls with Lychee Sauce Recipe

I like to use bacon in my recipe because it is very flavourful. Pancetta would be a better alternative for this recipe but then, it is very hard to find a shop that sells this in KL. Pancetta is an Italian type of bacon but it has more spices like pepper, fennel, nutmeg and garlic added to it before being cured with salt. Pancetta is also a good choice of ingredient for pasta sauce. Since I cannot find pancetta, I have to use normal bacon for my Bacon Pork Rolls with Lychee Sauce.

Ingredients
Pork Belly (or you can use tender lean meat), 600gms
Bacon (or pancetta), 10 pcs
Pepper, ½ teaspoon
Thyme, 3 sprigs Salt to taste
Cumin, ½ teaspoon
Lemon juice, from 1 pc lemon,
Brown sugar, 1 table spoon

Sauce
Tomato sauce, 3 table spoon
Fresh lychee fruits, 5 pcs, remove seeds
Salt to taste
Pepper, a dash
Sugar, ½ teaspoon A little water.

Marinade the pork belly with pepper, thyme, salt, cumin, lemon juice and brown sugar. Wrap the bacon over the pork belly and tie with strings. Heat up oven to 120 Deg C and slow roast for 2 hours. To make the sauce, add some water in pan, add lychee and put in the tomato sauce. Add salt, pepper and sugar. Bring to a boil. You can use corn flour mixed with a little water to thicken the sauce.

10 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

hi Pete.. no pic to tempt us with? now can imagine only... the bacon wrapping round the pork belly... hahaha...

Anonymous said...

It looks tasty Pete...just that I don't eat pork. I suppose the recipe works well with other meat?

mNhL said...

looks like kebab. Yes...bacon is very flavourful. I like it too..but a bit unhealthy. hehe

Anonymous said...

I wonder, how many ppl here gained weight becoz they visited ur blog often... lol... see ur entry nia, all become hungry and wanna eat!

Anonymous said...

I wonder, how many ppl here gained weight becoz they visited ur blog often... lol... see ur entry nia, all become hungry and wanna eat!

suituapui said...

Drool! Drool! And I thought my roast pork belly was nice!...*green with envy cos Pete can cook better* But mine's a lot easier to cook! LOL!!!

Pete said...

Claire : The pics didn't load correctly?

Mei Teng : Can replace with lamb, tender meat or chicken meat!

MNhL : Ah, true looks like kebab!

Cleff : My blog good for skinny people leh...no need to buy weight gain powder....he he he!

STP : Don't turn green lah, nanti Incredible Hulk get angry! ha ha ha!

wmw said...

Reads absolutely wonderful! ;o)

Ayie said...

lychee sauce? this is unique...maybe my sis will likre this since she loves lychee

Pete said...

wmw : Thks for dropping by my blog.

Ayie : Lychee gave it a little fruitty taste, love the aroma yum yum!