Friday, September 25, 2009

Chick Feet Kut Teh, Anyone Interested?

I would always ask for extra chicken feet from the chicken stall owner in Kepong Baru wet market whenever I buy chicken from him. The friendly boss would obliged by giving me whole bunch of them! It is real nice to chew on the tendons of the chicken feet. Chicken feet is a must have whenever I ate at dim sum restaurants. My friend told me that it is good for my joints but I am not really sure whether it is true or not. Hope that it can cure my knee injuries sustained during my half marathon running days! Anyway, I decided to throw in some of the chicken feet into my Chick Kut Teh. I had a nice meal of Chick Feet Kut Teh with cili padi (bird eye chili) in soya sauce!

My post on Bak Kut Teh recipe
1) Chick Kut Teh Recipe
2) Bak Kut Teh Recipe
3) Vegetarian Veg Kut Teh Recipe

12 comments:

CheaHSan said...

Pete ~ No wonder! Now I know why your writing like 'cakar ayam'[fowl scratches]eating too much chicks feet since kindy days. On a much nicer n better term in restaurant lingo they call 'foong chow' [phoenix claws], oh what a name! Have not tried chick kut teh yet but love 'loh kai keok'[engrish?] with mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

I am interested! Coz I don't eat pork.

smallkucing said...

Ya I heard that too. If eat too much chicken feet, writing will be like cakar ayam. You must have been a loyal customer of that chicken stall. Here, have to buy. RM1 only get about 7 or 8 chicken feet :(

Pete said...

Bro Hosan : Ah, you know lah, my Cantonese very 'char' leh! Phoenix claw, wah sounds like some kung fu move! ha ha ha!

Mei Teng : Actually pork not very healthy, but then no choice, sometime cook until don't what to cook liao! LOL!

Smallkucing : Wah, have to buy. I guess, he gave it to me because I am his loyal customer. This chicken stall uncle very honest and friendly! Cakar Ayam, no wonder now my hands start to shake already! LOL!

Ayie said...

i miss eating chicken feet....can't have 'em here =(

CheaHSan said...

Pete ~ BTW what is the current news about this restaurant, guess the name comes with this song "In the summertime when the weather is high..dee dee dee dee dee da da da da da.." still operating in SS2? "Mungo Jerry" la bro..the chick-ku-teh restaurant!

Pete said...

Ayie : Mmmm, what did they do with it? I wonder!

Ayie said...

my mom cooks it spicy or mixed with congee (porridge)

Pete said...

Ayie : Spicy chicken feet with congee....wooooo sounds interesting! I might experiment with that!

mNhL said...

My toddler son (age 3) loves to eat chicken feet. He surprises us! And yes, heard it is good for curing joints pain.

Pete said...

Bro Cheah : Mungo Jerry still around, business quite good leh!

mNhL : That is a real surprise. My son would run away when he sees these!ha ha!

Ayie said...

or you can just cook the chicken feet with the congee, it will taste so much better as it mixes with it