Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chinese Flour (Mi Hoon) Pancake Recipe – A Quickie Meal

This is another easy to prepare meal. I cooked this dish for my kids to eat during supper. You can actually add many types of ingredients into the flour batter. I normally use dried shrimps (udang geragau), dried prawns, Chinese Chives, spring onions, parsley, chicken meat, pork, fresh prawns or onions. Many people would cook this pancake with dried prawns and Chinese Chives but since I have got some leftover parsley and spring onions in my fridge, I just used these two ingredients for convenience sake. This Chinese pancakes taste good if eaten with chilly sauce. I like mine with Kg Koh chilli sauce. My daughter likes her pancake with tomato ketchup! LOL! Ingredients Flour, 1 cup Egg, 1pc (optional) Salt to taste Dried shrimps (udang geragau), 2 table spoons Spring onions, 2 stalks, chopped finely Parsley, 2 stalks, chopped finely A little baking soda Add some water to the flour and make a batter. Mixed well; then add in the eggs and baking soda. Put in the rest in the ingredients. Heat up non-stick pan and add in a little vegetable oil. You can also use butter. Use a ladle to scoop the batter and pour it into the pan. Flip the pancake when the bottom part turned brown. Serve while still hot. Taste good with chilly sauce!

Copyright Material of Peteformation Foodie Adventure

10 comments:

smallkucing said...

Sometimes when I dont have all the ingredients or plain lazy, i would put water,flour, egg and sugar. Nice too

Anonymous said...

My dad makes these too using ikan bilis, chillies and spring onions. They are super yummy.

Reanaclaire said...

this was my favorite when i was young.. my mum used to do all these pancakes for us siblings.. gone were the days.. now i malas.. memang lazy.. i buy from the canteen nowadays.. :)

choi yen said...

I like this simple snack~~ I had mine in simple ingredients just add in dried shrimps & spring onion :)

mNhL said...

Ahh..MIL did that too at home. Before I married into the family, I did not even know got such a dish. haha.....

fufu said...

wow wow wow... it's easy to make... gonna make it this weekend =p hohohoho

suituapui said...

They call it chai kuih here....with bits of spring onions and sometimes a strand or two of taugeh. My daughter loves it - but then again, she loves all the fried stuff.

tuti said...

nice to eat definitely. i like fried stuffs too.

out of topic, what is tong som? i know ang cho and kei chi.
not so medicinal right? not like must space out if eating western medicine hor?

ChloeRuoyi said...

Everytime I visit your blog, must make sure I come with a full stomach. Otherwise sure hungry and drool like crazy haha! Aiyo, I love everything here!! (not only this post but all the rest above as well)

Rebecca Saw said...

I love anythin fried w flour ;) and i'll eat with chilli sauce.
So im uncontrollable whn i pass by a van taht sells goreng pisang, cucur udang, cokodok, lekor.. oh dear..