Friday, March 19, 2010

Baked Spicy Tomyam Cheese Chicken Recipe – A Unique Fusion Dish


I always like creamy and sour dishes with a strong lime aroma. Normally prawns and seafood are used in Tomyam dishes or soup but I was wondering what the taste would be like if I use chicken instead. This experiment resulted in a totally new taste and flavour. At first, my wife and kids were a bit reluctant to eat this dish, but only chicken bones were left after we finished our dinner. LOL! I wrapped the chicken in aluminium foil before baking to seal the aroma inside the dish. For extra spicy taste, you can add bird eye chilly (chilly padi) to it. Try out this ‘dangerously spicy’ east meet west fusion dish at your own risk! Now, I am wondering how the taste would be if I add some durian paste to it! Ha ha ha!

Ingredients
Chicken, quarter cut
Kaffir Lime Leaves (limau purut), 5 pcs
Cheese (Mozzarella), 2 table spoons
Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
Lime Juice from 4 limes
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Onions, 1 pc, cut into four
Serai (Lemongrass), 1 pc, smashed
Celery, 3 stalks, cut into bite size or 3” length
Chilly paste, 1 table spoon
Bird Eye Chilli (Cili padi), 3 pcs, crushed (optional)
Nampla (Fish sauce), 1 teaspoon (optional)
Corn flour, 2 teaspoons
Soya sauce, 1 teaspoon

Marinade chicken with all the ingredients for at least 20 minutes. Wrap the chicken with aluminium foil and bake in preheated oven at 200 Deg C for 1 hour. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Copyright Material of Peteformation Foodie Adventure

20 comments:

Love2cook Malaysia said...

I'm a truly spicylover! Simply tempting dishes up there, drooling. :)

MaryMoh said...

What a beautiful fusion! Looks very delicious. I love Thai food.

[SK] said...

wow, really innovative huh, cheese with tomyam.. i think the cheese can kind of soothe the spiciness and sourness of tomyam right??

wenn said...

i don't cook cheesy food. Yr food looks good.

smallkucing said...

Not really fond of cheese :(

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hmmm...never thought of using chicken too. But anyway, glad that your family love it.

foongpc said...

Cheese with tomyam? That's rather weird combination. But as long as it's nice, I don't mind eating! haha!

tuti said...

hahaha. left bones so must be nice lor. but adding durian paste? maybe the wife and kids will run away from the dinner table! :P

Ayie said...

oh with cheese? yum!@

Verone said...

hmm...tempting indeed. I wonder if I could leave out the cheese to cut down some calories? :) But maybe it won't taste as good...

Verone said...

hmm...tempting indeed. I wonder if I could leave out the cheese to cut down some calories? :) But maybe it won't taste as good...

Verone said...

hmm...tempting indeed. I wonder if I could leave out the cheese to cut down some calories? :) But maybe it won't taste as good...

ladyviral said...

oh! Tom Yam and Creamy! And Cheesy! Waaaaa!

choi yen said...

cheese + Tomyam, what a ingenious idea!!!

suituapui said...

Fusion indeed! And it sure looks good!!!

penny aka jeroxie said...

Cheese and Tom YUM? If your family finish it then it must be really good. Must try.

Merryn said...

U know I must always remind myself NOT to go over to ur blog in the middle of the nite! Can go crazy trying to sleep thinking of those delicious food.. :(

gaga said...

I never would have thought of putting cheese. I agree that creamy and sour dishes with lime dishes are fantastic.

Christine said...

glad the new combo was successful!

uno said...

hmmm i like tomyam..:D