Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mei Gai Yuan Restaurant, Jalan Burung Pucung, Taman Bukit Maluri, KL – Simple Family Meal

The restaurant outdoor section and indoor airconditioned section directly opposite each other across the road.
Sea cucumber soup......................................................and Butter Squid
Stir fried French Beans and Braised tofu with chicken meat
All the dishes we had
I have passed by this restaurant many times but never try the food here before. One day, I decided to take my family to this restaurant to try out the dishes there. The Mei Gai Yuan restaurant in Tmn Bkt Maluri has two sections; one in the air conditioned shop lot and another section directly opposite it which housed an outdoor eating area and also the kitchen. Therefore, the air conditioned section is rather clean and not smoky at all! We ordered Butter Squid, stir fried French Beans and Braised Tofu. I saw there was a promotion for sea cucumber soup, so I ordered a single serving one just to try it out. The butter squid (RM12) is fried to perfection and is also very flavourful. Everyone loves it, especially my kids! There is nothing to shout about the stir fried French Beans but the serving is rather generous. It cost RM8 per plate. The Braised Tofu looks quite plain but then it actually tasted very nice. I like the fresh and crunchy spinach in this dish. The pre fried tofu has nice aroma and the sauce is savoury! They cooked the Sea Cucumber Soup like the usual starchy shark fin soup. Anyway, I find it very nice and I ate most of it! The total bill plus tea came up to be RM44.50. (4 adults, 1 child, 1 toddler)

 Address : Restaurant Mei Gai Yuan 38, Jalan Burung Pucung, Taman Bukit Maluri, Kepong, 52100, Kuala Lumpur (They have a Manjalara branch too, but I don’t have the address) Tel 012 3177946, 012 3335118
Business hours : 1 pm to 12 am
Map to Mei Gai Yuan

21 comments:

cleffairy said...

Alamak.... now midnight liao... u make me feel like wan go makan makan!

cleffairy said...

Flower tea? Looks exotic... what kind of flower tea?

Merryn said...

I love sea cucumber!!!!! and everything else that are featured up there.. sigh..

Pete said...

Cleffairy : Tea, forgot what tea I ordered already! LOL!

Merryn : My favourite too!

Anonymous said...

На этом хорошем блоге вы и ваши друзья узнаете, что такое создание сателлитов, настройка Wordpess%сайт сателлит. Кроме этого вы найдете для себя еще кое-какие завораживающие достижения успеха. Окунитесь в экзотический мир, где электронные деньги становятся реальностью! Мы всегда ради вас приветствовать!

Pete said...

Wah lau leh, got comments in Russian language also arrr?

smallkucing said...

LOL got fan from russia...

Eh food seems very cheap wor...will definitely go and makan there..so many dish at RM44 oni...can fight with Ban Huat at Sg Buloh leh.

cleffairy said...

That's not Russian, Pete... that's Greek language. LOL...

Christine said...

looks delicious, perfect for the family, a bit of everything

suituapui said...

That's how we cook sea cucumber soup here in Sibu. Sure that guy's not from Sibu kah? LOL!!! Wah...your french beans so long...like long beans...

manglish said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa u got admirer from russia leh........hahah btw 44RM VERY CHEAP!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pete, the whole meal is very reasonably priced! I have not eaten butter squid for quite awhile. A tasty dish! :)

Anonymous said...

I think Anon's comment is in Greek. Get it translated. There's online translator.

Merryn said...

At least you know now you blog is so famous world wide :D

cleffairy said...

LOL.... see, I told you, it's Greek... those are Greek words... :P

mNhL said...

Very reasonable priced. And that butter squid. U just make me wanna eat them tonight. The toufu full of gravy. Suit for toddler to eat with rice.

eunice said...

Haloo!! hey u called it a simple meal, with shark fin?!! haha

Pete said...

Smallkucing : Ha ha, very likely its a spam lah! I ask for small portion but the servings were quite large....agree, reasonable place to eat.

Pete said...

Cleff : When I translate it using google using Greek, no results, then I choosed 'detect language' it shows as Russian lorr. It sure looks like Greek to me leh.

Christine : Good place to have a family meal!

STP : Next time I will check out the kitchen to find out the cooks origin. Ya lorr, the French beans very long....a little tricky to eat! ha ha ha!

Manglish : Luckily not from 'sexy site' after I translated it! LOL!

Mei Teng : Agree, reasonable price. It looked like Greek to me but when I choose 'detect language' it came out as Russian.

Merryn : Ha ha, I never have traffic from Russia leh...LOL!

mnhl : I ordered the tofu for my kids...

Eunice : No shark fin inside but only sea cucumber...good price leh only RM6

[SK] said...

hmmm, the food is quite cheap there.. and i think the sea cucumber soup looks real good!!

Ayie said...

yummy squid! pete always making me hungry!