Tuesday, March 9, 2010

No more Papaya, No More Cuckoo Bird

If your remember from my previous post Papaya Birds about The Asian Koel (Eudynamys Scolopacea), Asian Glossy Starling (Aplonis panayensis), Black Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis) and even squirrels feasting on my papayas. I know Cleffairy would remember because it was one of her favourite post! ha ha ha Well, the tree is getting old and have grown way too tall. I am afraid that it might come crashing down on my roof during thunderstorms so I decided to chop it down last week. Anyway, the papayas it produce nowadays are quite small and full of warts as shown below.

I have to chop the tree down sections by sections to avoid it from crashing down on my roof. Luckily, I have a tall ladder to reach the top of the tree! I left a stump around 8 feet in height because there are new shoots coming out from it. I wanted to see if it can produce any fruits or not.

All the papaya tree trunks that was chopped off!

So, for now there will be no more birds feasting on papayas in my garden! A good weekend exercise, I was sweeting all over, what a hot day! LOL! Copyright Material of Peteformation Foodie Adventure

7 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

oh...the poor birds must be looking high and low for the sweet papayas :D

mNhL said...

no more free bird watching. Good excercise. haha

cleffairy said...

Alamak.. no more bird eating papaya... haiyorr...no fun lah liddat! Wakakakakak! Pokok sudang tumbang... =( Must bagi Blue Pills kow kow...*pengsan*

suituapui said...

Wah! Your missus so lucky - this hubby can cook, can plant fruits also. I don't have green fingers - my missus neither...but she tried planting papayas - one tree got trunk, no leaves, another tree - got leaves and fruits - but the fruits the size of tennis balls only. Muahahahahaha!!!!

smallkucing said...

aiyo...so what you did with the rests of the papaya? Jeruk? Papaya soup?

Jeruk nice...vinegar, sugar, asam boi n cili padi.

Angie's Recipes said...

1.9Euro for each papaya here.....I want some to make a white fungus soup!

Pete said...

Mommy : Ha ha ha, they have been terrorising my house looking for papayas! LOL!

mnhl : Dangerous, if my back neighbours thought I am watching them, then chia lat lorr!

cleffairy : Tua aledy, birds also lari lorr.....ha ha ha!

STP : Choose the seeds from papayas that are slightly red in colour. These are nice and sweet, real hardy too!

smallkucing : The fruits all not good liao.....left it outside for the squirrels to eat.

Angie : wow, 1.9 Euro is expensive, I buy it here for only 0.20Euro each (small fruit)