Wednesday, March 3, 2010

XxxL Eggs – Wah So big!

My brother in law gave me a tray of eggs. At first glanced they look like normal eggs but when you put it next to normal eggs, the size is longer and bigger. These are double yolk eggs. I have eaten many of these types of eggs from my uncle’s farm when I was a kid. After visiting my late maternal grandma who stayed with my uncles, we would bring back trays of double yolk eggs! A tray of xxxl eggs, double yolk. The double yolk compared to normal eggs! Young hens that have just reach maturity will normally produce double yolk eggs. These young hens’ productive cycles have not yet being synchronised which resulted in rapid ovulation and two yolks joint together when the eggs are formed. But after a few batches of double yolk eggs, the young hen would start to lay normal eggs. Double yolk eggs, if fertilised would not produce any chicks because there would not be enough nutrients in the eggs for two chicks in it to grow. Mmmmm, it would be nice to see ‘twins’ small little chicks! Anyway, I guess it would be nice to use these eggs to make cakes because they have extra yolks! I love to eat egg yolks and immediately I fried two of them, sunny side up (hor pau tan, mata kerbau, mata sapi)! LOL! The best thing is, I don’t have to buy eggs from the market for the next few weeks. Ha ha ha!

21 comments:

smallkucing said...

Ohh..so this is why the egg got double yolk.The other day i bght from pasar a tray of eggs. one of it have double yolk. But size normal wor.

You are so lucky to have a tray of double yolk eggs.

I love to eat the runny egg yolks.

wenn said...

wow, interesting! i hvn't tried double yolk eggs before.

Christine said...

interesting post, Pete. If I've ever had them, I've forgotten. What a treat for you.

suituapui said...

Double yolk? Eeeee....double sinful! But I love egg yolks. Yummmm.... LOL!!!

manglish said...

harlowwwww too much cholesterol lar hahaahahaha dangerous2 XD

Donna said...

wah.. ahaha, but i dont eat yolk one.. XD

Anonymous said...

Haha...I see a big smiley face in the last photo! :)

Have never eaten eggs with double yolk before.

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, i never knew there are eggs with 2 yolks. not good for those with high cholesterol eh? hehhehehehehe

Al said...

Aha! I could made lots of caramel flan with those double yolk eggs.
I should need 8 yolks but with that all I need are 4 eggs hee hee.

AL

Yee Ling said...

cooking eggs for so many years, havent encounter double yolks before..That shows i m a very unlucky person..wuahawuaha**

The eggs can turn to salted eggs since there are so big?..hehehe

The Mind of a Mom said...

wow are you sure they are safe to eat??!!

Merryn said...

Wah... so BIG! lol.. double the cholesterol? :P

xin said...

LOL double the cholesterol. hahhaaha

My Little Things Corner said...

wow, really sooooo big.

Unknown said...

I have not seen double yolk eggs before. How eegciting!! When I run out of dishes to cook, I go for the eggs:)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

never such big egg before! dont eat too much of egg yolks, very high in cholestrol!

mNhL said...

Yes..runny egg yolk is yummy. My friend used to call them telur goyang-goyang. haha...

ChloeRuoyi said...

I've come across double egg yolks a few times before. Ooh, so that's how it's formed :-)

Ayie said...

wow, i wanna have those too!

coffeesncookies said...

double egg yolks.. would be great for my kek lapis ! where can i get them ?

Pete said...

coffencookies : I am not sure whether you can get them commercially or not but can try eggs wholeseller. My BIL got it direct from the farm.