Friday, October 10, 2008

Chaw Choon Dim Sum Restaurant, Jln Ong Yi How, Raja Uda, Butterworth

I had my breakfast at this restaurant when I was back to Butterworth recently. We arrived there at 10 am and the restaurant was already packed with customers. The service is fast and the people here are friendly. My son loves the Char Siew so much that he ate 3 plates. We also ordered other dim sum fare such as har mai, siew mai, pork ribs, har kin, fishball, fried chee chong fun, fried carrot cake and a plate of ngar choi pak cham kai (steam chicken with beansprout). The dim sum portion is generous and the ingredients used are fresh. There are many varieties of dim sum available. The total bill plus a pot of tea for 5 adults and 3 children came up to be RM43.00, very reasonable! Siew mai...................................................................Pork ribs Opps, sorry forgot to take photos again before I ate. Too tasty larrr, cannot tahan! My son's favourite Char Siew...............................The Chaw Choon Dim Sum Restaurant Rows of freshly made siew mai................One of the restaurant worker preparing the siew mai Address: Chaw Choon Restaurant 6970, Jalan Ong Yi How, Off Jalan Raja Uda 12300, Butterworth GPS Latitude 5°26'4.91"N Longitude 100°23'12.25"E MAP to Chaw Choon, Jln Ong Yi How, Raja Uda, Butterworth

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the ones in my post look nicer. But these places - what they lose out on looks, they make up on taste and price! Butterworth, eh? I can go next time...should I go over to Sg Petani to see my daughter.

eunice said...

U have so much food pics in ur blog! Can see that u love good food! Did anyone find it strange when u wanted to take food pics before u tucked in? Sometimes I feel paiseh doing so, but I usually don't care how they look at me. That's the spirit of blogging right? hahaha XD

Butterworth seems to have alot of good food. I always see people posting food pics taken from Butterworth, but not Penang. Tell u secretly, I will blog about Penang soon!

foongpc said...

Wow, for RM43 quite cheap!

Pete said...

STP : Ha Ha, I always forgot to take pictures. Yes Raja Uda is in Bworth.

Eunice : At first paiseh a bit but not use to it already. But I thought more people blog abt food in Penang than Bworth.

Foongpc : Yes, very good price lorr.