Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quickie Tomato Fried Bihun Recipe (Rice Vermicelli)

I will prepare Tomato Fried Bihun for supper whenever my kids stay up late. It is very easy to cook and my kids love the taste. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare this dish.
My simple tomato fried bihun, without taugeh.
Ingredients Bihun (Rice Vermicelli), ½ packet, soaked in water to soften (for quicker result I will blanch it briefly in boiling hot water instead of soaking it) Shallots, 5 pcs, cut thinly and fry until crispy Tomato sauce, 6 table spoons Chili sauce, 2 table spoons (optional) Oyster sauce, 1 table spoon Light Soya Sauce, 1 table spoons Prawns, shelled, 50gms Taugeh (bean sprouts), 1 bowl (optional) Eggs, 2pcs Salt to taste Put 2 table spoons of vegetable oil in a non-stick wok. Add in prawns when the oil is hot, Put in the eggs and fry until eggs are slightly cooked. Add in soya sauce. Put the bihun in the wok and fry until it is cooked. Add tomato sauce, chilli sauce, oyster sauce, salt to taste and taugeh. Fry for 1 minutes and the tomato bihun is ready. Garnish with fried shallots before serving.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice recipe, Pete... I never thought of using tomato sauce to flavour the beehoon...I'm always more to the spicy side. LOL. Used chilli boh ahhh...

mistipurple said...

yummy. good enough for my lunch leh.

Anonymous said...

No taugeh also...like my char kway teow? Hahahahaha!!!! Must fry mihun one of these days - my style and post. Tak nak kalah! LOL!!

foongpc said...

Hmmm, sounds really delicious! And I think the instructions to cook this is pretty simple and easy. Thanks!

Chris said...

U r really a good father. Cook foods for ur kids too..

iamlz said...

Huh? Tomato fried bihun? how come I dint see any tomato nor redness in the bihun? :P

fufu said...

hahaha
pete style spaghetti? lol

Pete said...

Cleff : You can add some chili padi to the tomato bihun, yummy but my kids cannot take it lorr. Some chili boh is nice but some have too much preservatives, it spoils the bihun taste. You can try dry grounded chili powder.

misti : Ok, I courier to you using DHL, ha ha.

STP : Ya lah, middle of the night where to find taugeh lorrr! Ok, I wait for your Sui Sui Char Bi Hoon, ha ha LOL.

Pete said...

Foongpc : Real fast to cook when the kids are hungry, if not they will kacau until pengsan lorr. LOL

Chris : But my kids still cannot put on weight leh. Must 'kar liew' in my cooking lorr.

lz : At night, with my house lighting cannot get a good picture leh. The actual tomato bihun that I cook looks red but not in photo. Time to upgrade my camera lorr!

lcfu : Ya lorr, come to think of it, the tomato bihun taste like spaghetti lorr! LOL

Josephine said...

I always wanna try it out, but don have the recipe. hehehe
Thanks for sharing it!

Pete said...

josephine : Easy to cook leh!